chicken feet grappling hook

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I didn't get the warning message at the end: Warning!: Chicken feet is not save for you by any living creature.

poser

Reaction score
I love chicken feet. Been eating them since I was a wee lad.

Spent three years in SE Asia and chicken feet were one of the few things I couldn't bring myself to eat. HOw do they taste?

jcwu

Reaction score
Spent three years in SE Asia and chicken feet were one of the few things I couldn't bring myself to eat. HOw do they taste?

The thing is, the feet themselves is just basically skin wrapped around bones. It's more about the texture than the taste. How it tastes depends on how it's prepared - could be salted and steamed, or braised in soy sauce, etc etc. It just absorbs the flavor you cook it in. The texture, on the other hand - if you don't like the texture of chicken skin, you're not going to like chicken feet.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
To expand on JC's answer, at my girlfriend's behest, I tried 'em once. And only once. They were braised in soy sauce for a long time so that the cartilage became gelatinous.
Funny thing, they reminded me of the pig's feet I tried once too, I was sure that somehow they still tasted a slight bit earthy, but according to my girlfirend they were "done right", so I guess they're just not my cup of tea. I don't like Uni (sea urchin roe) either, it tastes like moldy leaves smell, to me.
Just gimme the sashimi, or bacon, or pressed duck, thanks! :)

poser

Reaction score
Thanks. From your descriptions, maybe I made the right choice. :)