NGD S100 Carved 1975

Muovinen

Reaction score
You've seen it already but here it is again in all its glory! As discussed, the pickups are SD Phat Cats and they sound great ;) The guitar is in very good shape and it's definitely the lightest one I have. The phase switch is now a cool killswitch :mrgreen: My crazy year of GAS just gets better and better!

IMG_1523edit.jpg

IMG_1525edit.jpg

IMG_1533edit.jpg

IMG_1537edit.jpg

Family shot!

IMG_1553edit.jpg

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Amazing guitar! Amazing photos! Amazing family shot! Just wonderful! Congratulations! :D
Ralf

Muovinen

Reaction score
rampside said:
+1 and, are you ready let up on that the GAS pedal yet? :lol:

For a while, yes. But there's some stuff bubbling under ;) There are a few more Guilds I would like to have - at least a Starfire IV, Bluesbird, Starfire bass and a nice acoustic one (no idea about the model). But for now I will just enjoy and get to know these ones :)

Thunderface

Reaction score
I just noticed that both of your S-100s have clear pickguards. I've owned five, and all of them have had black pickguards. Funny how that works. Those are three great scores right there.

Alan_M

Reaction score
rampside said:
SFIV1967 said:
Amazing guitar! Amazing photos! Amazing family shot! Just wonderful! Congratulations! :D
Ralf

+1 and, are you ready let up on that the GAS pedal yet? :lol:

+2 !!! Wow such high def pix.
Don't they sound great through Orange amps? Every one of my Guild electrics sounds amazing though my Dark Terror. Then again, ALL my guitars except my acoustic sound great through it LOL

Qvart

Reaction score
I've been meaning to tell you that - IMHO - you got the absolute best S-300: ash/sunburst/HB-1's. Then you went and sprang this stunner on me:

Muovinen_zps2f295d9f.jpg

That's one of the best solid body pics ever on LTG. I so need an Orange. :mrgreen:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What a pic! What kind of camera was used?
Made me wanna play... but I won't hijack your cool thread so I'll start my own.
It will be titled "Nature Boy Feast" :mrgreen:

Thunderface

Reaction score
A thought just occurred to me. Pekka, you take photos of your guitars like Joe takes photos of his birds -- spectacularly!

Muovinen

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
I just noticed that both of your S-100s have clear pickguards. I've owned five, and all of them have had black pickguards. Funny how that works. Those are three great scores right there.

I don't know why but I first didn't like the clear pickguard that much. Now it has kind of grown on me. Not every guitar has a clear pickguard!

Qvart said:
I've been meaning to tell you that - IMHO - you got the absolute best S-300: ash/sunburst/HB-1's. Then you went and sprang this stunner on me: - - - That's one of the best solid body pics ever on LTG. I so need an Orange. :mrgreen:

My tone is orange and that's the way I like it! :) I actually have two - my favorite one is the AD30 but that is definitely not suitable for playing at home. It opens up at a volume level that kills little rodents :lol: Rockerverb on the other hand is perfect for low-volume situations.

And I agree about my S300A (even though it's the only S300 I've tried) too! It stilll blows me away and it has held its position as my no 1 axe. It's just so amazing how easy it is to play and how awesome it sounds. It must be one of the most underrated guitar models ever made. I like to think of it as my own little secret - my precious , haha ;)

PS: my camera is the Canon 5D mk II :)

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Muovinen said:
PS: my camera is the Canon 5D mk II

Along with that full frame sensor you must be using a high end lens also? :mrgreen:

and....I just think the clear pick guards work the best for natural finished solid bodies.