WTB WTB: S100 Case for early 70s S100

Wanted to Buy

parsox

Reaction score
Had good luck with the previous add so here is a second shot.

Looking for a guild case for early 70s guild s100

IMG_6680_zpsc1578165.jpg

thanks

/r
Parsox

Thunderface

Reaction score
Nice family you've got there, parsox. Did they use your S-100, minus the Hagstrom, as the model for the Newark Street Polara? :)

parsox

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Nice family you've got there, parsox. Did they use your S-100, minus the Hagstrom, as the model for the Newark Street Polara? :)

Had to look that one up thunderface

Newarkst_zpscc1d301b.jpg

IMG_5862.jpg

Yep

I see some similarities.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thunderface said:
Did they use your S-100, minus the Hagstrom, as the model for the Newark Street Polara? :)
Well, the HB-1s versus the mini humbuckers are a big difference as well...
Ralf

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thunderface said:
Here's a thought. Wouldn't one of the cases for the Newark Street S-100s fit yours?
I guess the answer is yes, but where would you find them? Have not even seen the cases at NAMM.
Ralf

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thunderface said:
Here's a thought. Wouldn't one of the cases for the Newark Street S-100s fit yours?
I sent just that question about new Starfire cases to Guild/Fender. Just got back an auto-reply saying that they have a lot of emails to respond to, and it might be awhile. That was a week ago, haven't heard anything since.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thunderface said:
But will they eventually produce cases for the S-100?
I guess the questions is not if they will produce them but if they will sell them as aftermarket accessory. I would not be so sure on the latter.
The Thomann webpage in Germany shows for the S-100: "Comes with hardcase".
Ralf

Thunderface

Reaction score
That's what I was worried about too, so perhaps someone should put a bug in their ear to make a few extras. I'm guessing there's a few more vintage or reissue S-100 owners out there who might like a case. Chris, you wanna fire off another email?

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
AcornHouse said:
Thunderface said:
I sent just that question about new Starfire cases to Guild/Fender. Just got back an auto-reply saying that they have a lot of emails to respond to, and it might be awhile. That was a week ago, haven't heard anything since.
Keep up posted Chris! I'm also interested in getting a (new) Guild Starfire case. Thank you.

parsox

Reaction score
Thunderface said:

Good question

I thought I read on the forum that the earlier s100s had different neck angles than the later s100s thus the re-issue cases from the 90s would not work with the earlier 70s version

can anyone confirm :!:

thanks

parsox

Qvart

Reaction score
parsox said:
Thunderface said:

Good question

I thought I read on the forum that the earlier s100s had different neck angles than the later s100s thus the re-issue cases from the 90s would not work with the earlier 70s version

can anyone confirm :!:

thanks

parsox

It depends: '70 to early-'75 had a neck angle parallel to the body and '75-on had a steeper neck angle. You would think that reissue cases would work for the models from the first half of the '70's since they have the same neck angle as the reissues, but I tried a rectangular post-'96 case and it didn't work so well for my '73 or '74 (the neck angled up to much so the lid wouldn't close without putting pressure on it). I kept a molded case from the '96 S-100 I used to have and it's a decent fit for my '73. As for ones that are post-'75, a better option might be a case for an SG since the neck angle is probably more like a G*bson than a reissue Guild.

case2.jpg

Here are the differences in the '70's models:

neckangle.jpg

neckjoint.jpg

neckheight.jpg

neckheel.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Qvart said:

It's posts like this (not quoted in its entirety) that make LTG such a useful place. Thanks, and I don't even own an S-100.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Following on my rant about the proper use of FS/FT over here I wonder if this wonderful post should be moved or replicated in the Solid body section so it is more easily found?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Treem said:
AcornHouse said:
Thunderface said:
Keep up posted Chris! I'm also interested in getting a (new) Guild Starfire case. Thank you.
Got another response to the email I sent on Feb. 26 about getting Newark St cases separately.
Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations for the FMIC family of brands!
We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to extremely heavy volumes of email traffic our response times are quite a bit longer than both you, and we, would like them to be. Please know that your e-mail is as important to us, as it is to you, and every e-mail will get a thorough and considered response.
If you have an urgent customer service or product performance issue that needs immediate attention, please call our Consumer Relations Hotline at 480-596-7195, to speak directly with a representative.
We are working to resolve this delay as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience and your support; we'll get back with you with a response as soon as we can!
Consumer Relations
Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
:roll:

Qvart

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Qvart said:

It's posts like this (not quoted in its entirety) that make LTG such a useful place. Thanks, and I don't even own an S-100.

Thank you, sir.

fronobulax said:
Following on my rant about the proper use of FS/FT over here I wonder if this wonderful post should be moved or replicated in the Solid body section so it is more easily found?

I'd say this thread is in the correct forum since the poster is seeking to purchase a case, but since it has evolved somewhat into a discussion of model designs as well as appropriate cases it could be replicated in the solid body forum as well. Either way, I can include a link in the "S-100 Sticky Thread" in order to direct people to this discussion.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
[quote="QvartI can include a link in the "S-100 Sticky Thread" in order to direct people to this discussion.[/quote]

That would address my concerns without me having to do anything. Thank you.