powerwagonjohn's NGD: 1973 nature boy Carved

Thunderface

Reaction score
powerwagonjohn, back from the Rock Legends Cruise, received the 1973 S-100 Carved he scored recently on eBay. I said I would post the photos for him ... but remember, it's his NGD, so he gets all the well-deserved kudos.

pwjcarved1_zps0f751e8b.jpg

pwjcarved2_zps7a9526ba.jpg

pwjcarved3_zps1c6d4653.jpg

pwjcarved4_zpsbeaeb422.jpg

pwjcarved5_zpsf7b85e24.jpg

Nice score, John! Welcome to the S-100 Owners Club!

Reaction score
Thanks all and especally tunderface for posting the photos. I thought I posted a message on the guitar yesterday but I don't see it here now. I have had some time to clean and set up the guitar as it looked like it haden't been played in a long while. The SN is 95202 and on the inside tag it's called a S-100 NB, the pick ups are orig. and dated 12/28/73 and 1/7/73, all the wire, pots and solder joints are orig. Neck is straight and the frets and fret board in good condition. Not much bridge adjustment left but it's set up perfect, action is a little low if anything and the neck joint is solid. It plays as nice as my 73 Starfire with a bit more high end and sustain. It is just under 7# A couple friends I play with were over today and we got a chance to check it out through my 64 Tremolux and my friends Blackheart amp and a friends home built amp. Lots of fun to say the least.
This was kind of an impulse buy for me but I have wanted one since 1975 when I carried a dog eared Guild catalouge for 6 months. I ended up buying my D-50 which I still have but have always rememberd the Starfires and the carved S-100. I got my Starfire a couple years ago and now I got the S-100. I have a 14 day return but it looks like this one will stay right here.
Thanks John

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all for the kind words and especally thanks to Qvart and thunderface for all the information on S-100 posted and through E-mails. It made my dive into S-100 land much easer and raised my confidence level to make the purchase. I tried to tell my wife it was your fault but she didn't fall for it.
Thanks John