1997 Guild S100

Reaction score

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
daquistojazz said:
Hi, I am brand new here and like what I see. I just purchased a 1997 S100 and wondered if the pots and wiring were original. She plays great but wonder if any changes were made.I can't make out the values on the caps and thought there was a lot of solder for it to be original.

Hello daquistojazz,

Welcome! Looks completely stock to me!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Thank you for the amazing quick response. Before posting, I looked to see if anyone had submitted pictures of the wiring. But all I saw were beautiful external shots. Guess I will stop worrying and get back to playing.

Qvart

Reaction score
Welcome to the nuthouse!

I used to have a '96 S-100. Here's a pic of the wiring:

09controlcavity.jpg

SFIV1967 said:

Oy, I haven't updated those in a LONG time. Really should get around to doing that. And hey, we have another S-100 owner to put up on the big board. :lol:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
daquistojazz said:
Thank you for the amazing quick response. Before posting, I looked to see if anyone had submitted pictures of the wiring. But all I saw were beautiful external shots. Guess I will stop worrying and get back to playing.

Most of the shots of the control cavity that I can recall are of '70's models so your search turned up the resukts I would expect, nothing :wink:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Qvart said:
I used to have a '96 S-100. Here's a pic of the wiring:
09controlcavity.jpg
Interesting that your '96 model is using Japanese pots inside. I can't read the manufacturer code on the photo from daquistojazz, but they look like US made pots to me (137 for CTS maybe?).
Ralf

dane

Reaction score
Is this green wire pinched and possibly broken in this spot?

S100Wire2.jpg