Trying to date my S-100

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to LTG. I bought a Guild S-100 from a guy around 2001. It's a NB ri with a serial number FB001023. Is this one of the last ones made, (circa 2000)? I have the original case and hang tags as well. I have tried to look this up before, but the highest serial numbers I've seen have only gone up to the 700's. I know that things were transitioning for Guild when Fender bought them and I was curious to know where it was built. Thanks.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Trying to date my s100

pdiddy said:
Hello, I'm new to LTG. I bought a Guild S-100 from a guy around 2001. It's a NB ri with a serial number FB001023. Is this one of the last ones made, (circa 2000)?

Hello pdiddy,

Welcome! Your Guild S-100 was made in Westerly, RI during the year 1998, so it's not exactly one of the last ones.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Zelja

Reaction score
Re: Trying to date my s100

Hans to the rescue! Welcome to LTG pdiddy & get yourself on the S-100 owners roster.

drc

Reaction score
I think we should start a collection for Hans. Everytime he helps someone out they have to send him a dollar.

Hmmm.. I just looked up Hans address and it appears he lives at my house?! I'm gonna be sooo rich! :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Hans! It's nice to finally know the "when and where" of that guitar. I do have a couple more to figure out but I'll have to try some Gibson and Gretsch pages for those. Maybe that east coast "moxy" will come through in my playing on some level from knowing it was put together in Westerly.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
drc said:
I think we should start a collection for Hans. Everytime he helps someone out they have to send him a dollar.
I think if everyone who asks would at least buy Hans' book, he would be equally happy !
Ralf

lostdog

Reaction score
Welcome pdiddy,

Great forum and great people.

Everyone is right about Hans' contribution to the community! Always there, and always helping anyone who needs it. Helped me get started and I'm very grateful for that.

cbm

Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand new here and am also trying to date my S-100. Serial Number 74266 - black with a Guild-branded Bigsby. I bought this guitar new in 1970-something, and it was my main guitar for decades. It could use a fret job, and is well used, but still a great guitar.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum, cbm. From what you're telling us, you have a 1972 black S-100 DeLuxe, because of the "Guildsby." I know that many, myself included, would love to seem some photos of it. :wink:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
I concur with TF. Welcome to the LTG. :mrgreen:

cbm

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the date! I'll try to take some pictures of my S-100 and my Starfire XII to upload over the weekend.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
You have a black S-100 Deluxe AND a Starfire XII ?!?

OK, now I GOTTA see this!

And welcome!

drc

Reaction score
cbm said:
Hi, I'm brand new here and am also trying to date my S-100. Serial Number 74266 - black with a Guild-branded Bigsby. I bought this guitar new in 1970-something, and it was my main guitar for decades. It could use a fret job, and is well used, but still a great guitar.

Welcome to the forum and I can safely say this without even seeing a pic of your guitars... DIBS!! If you ever decide to sell either one of them babies I want first crack! :lol:

Thunderface

Reaction score
cbm said:
Thanks for the welcome and the date! I'll try to take some pictures of my S-100 and my Starfire XII to upload over the weekend.
Waiting-1.jpg

cbm

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I kept thinking that I was going to find time to restring & clean. I gave up that goal. Here's my S-100:
DSC_0201_crop_sm.jpg

This has a 360 Systems hexaphonic pickup installed, to drive the 360 Systems Slave Driver synth interface.

Here's my twelve-string:
DSC_0208_crop_sm.jpg

I replaced the original tuners with Shallers:
DSC_0206_crop_sm.jpg

Thunderface

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Chris. A couple of cool axes you have there. I've never seen a 360 hexaphonic before. Seems like some interesting stuff there.