Kim Thayil and S-100

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
There's a Mesa Amp Ad in the current edition of Guitar Player with Kim Thayil holding his black S-100. :D

Thunderface

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is the one...

$(KGrHqZHJCQE9qhGJ,sPBPmeLm3pig~~60_35.JPG

Which is a cropped version of this photo

Kim1.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Where the bloody hell is he getting all this gold hardware for his S-100s?!? So far I've seen it on this black one and his natural one on the cover of whatever magazine recently. I never noticed it back in the day. Is the hardware new/recent? If so, is Fender churning out customs for him? And, if so, why not spit em out for the rest of us? Or is he dipping his own hardware? W. T. F. :?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Where the bloody hell is he getting all this gold hardware for his S-100s?!?

You could try and order the Guild 'S-100 Gold Hardware Upgrade' set from FMIC. I believe the Gold Grover RotoMatics are available separately.

GoldUpgradeSet.jpg

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hammer

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
Hammer said:
Where the bloody hell is he getting all this gold hardware for his S-100s?!?

You could try and order the Guild 'S-100 Gold Hardware Upgrade' set from FMIC. I believe the Gold Grover RotoMatics are available separately.

GoldUpgradeSet.jpg

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hmm, I had no idea they had that! Thanx for the info. Personally, I am not a fan of the gold, but curiosity sparked my interest.

Alan_M

Reaction score
Additionally, the question becomes "how do you order this from FMIC"? There's no listing of any of these parts on their site. :?
I guess a persistent emailing or phone campaign would be in order.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Alan_M said:
Additionally, the question becomes "how do you order this from FMIC"? There's no listing of any of these parts on their site. :?
I guess a persistent emailing or phone campaign would be in order.

I guess I just assumed the kit was not currently available. After all, considering the difficulty in getting correct or even logo'd knobs, if there was a way to get knobs from FMIC folks would have figured that out and let us know. Unless, of course this is a conversion kit with a cost over $250...

Alan_M

Reaction score
Absolutely, that is the follow up question... at what cost? I'm afraid to know! :lol: