NGD S-100SB Carved

Fixit

Reaction score
This is the official NGD for the S-100SB Carved that I receintly aquired from Tele4tone, And thanks for letting go of a great guitar, I am proud to have it. I decided to wait until the repair work was completed for the official NGD. As most of you already know, TF is handling the before and after picture posting of this project, and doing a great job of it. I will only post one picture and leave the rest for TF to do his magic with :D

So here she is,

IMG_1330.jpg

Thunderface

Reaction score
I have only one thing to say: DIBS! If you ever decide to part with that gorgeous thing, that is. You did a fantastic job on it, Tom. Bravo! Before and afters to come.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Russian Guy said:
Sweet HMOGG!!! Congratulations on a beautiful guitar, Tom. How do you do that? :)

Tom can work his magic on anything, Vadim; ask me how I know. 8)

Congratulations Tom, and that's quite a Guild population you're building up at Chez Jacobs, eh? :wink:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Russian Guy said:
twocorgis said:

How do you know it, Sandy? :)

Well, long story short, Tom has done neck resets on two of my guitars; the money pit F212XL, and my B50 bass. Neither of them were easy, especially the B50 which has a HUGE neck joint. My guy here wanted no part of either of them, but Tom was happy to oblige. He did superior work in a very timely manner, and all for very reasonable prices. I'm a very satisfied customer, and I'm certainly not alone here.

Russian Guy

Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Russian Guy said:
twocorgis said:

How do you know it, Sandy? :)

Well, long story short, Tom has done neck resets on two of my guitars; the money pit F212XL, and my B50 bass. Neither of them were easy, especially the B50 which has a HUGE neck joint. My guy here wanted no part of either of them, but Tom was happy to oblige. He did superior work in a very timely manner, and all for very reasonable prices. I'm a very satisfied customer, and I'm certainly not alone here.

Sounds and looks like the man knows his craft inside out:)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Russian Guy said:
Sounds and looks like the man knows his craft inside out:)

Yes sir, and I forgot to mention that Tom's a great guy, and a real Guild lover too. 8)

Fixit

Reaction score
Just got back from a jam this vary evening :lol: Took the S-100SB and the T-100D, both did a stellar job of upholding the Guild tradition.
Our own DAPMDave was there with his new D-40SB New Hartford and added some great acoustic tone and licks to the mix. A great time was had by all. BTW The S-100, is a rock and roll beast, I think I now know what all the praise for these guitars is all about :!: HB1's in a solid body guitar is a very good thing. One of the songs we did tonight, has most likely provided a name for this S-100 SB Carved,
"Cinnamon Girl" Sound good :?:

And as always thank you all, for the kind words about the work on the guitars.

Russian Guy

Reaction score
Fixit said:

You're the man, Tom. Wish I could teleport you here to to those kind of makeovers :) . That way I wouldn't have to be so picky in terms of condition of Guilds I want to buy.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Fixit said:
Just got back from a jam this vary evening :lol: Took the S-100SB and the T-100D, both did a stellar job of upholding the Guild tradition.
Our own DAPMDave was there with his new D-40SB New Hartford and added some great acoustic tone and licks to the mix. A great time was had by all. BTW The S-100, is a rock and roll beast, I think I now know what all the praise for these guitars is all about :!: HB1's in a solid body guitar is a very good thing. One of the songs we did tonight, has most likely provided a name for this S-100 SB Carved,
"Cinnamon Girl" Sound good :?:

I have to chime in, here...

This guitar looks really nice, and of course it has Tom's stellar setup. But the proof is in the sound, and this thing really has a unique, agressive, rockin' tone. The pickups are so strong it seems like it has some kind of preamp. (No, it doesn't)

Dave :D

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow! I'm not a fan of S100s, and like the carved ones even less, but I'd buy that one in a heartbeat!

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, that S-100 SB Carved is very beautiful!! I cannot wait to see the before and after! Congratulations!! :mrgreen:

Geo

Reaction score
:shock: --------- 8) --------- :mrgreen:

Fabulous, Excellent, Outstanding, Tremendous, Marvelous, Magnificent, Remarkable, Extraordinary & Fantastic!!!!! Amazing also!!!!! :wink:

George

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Geo said:
:shock: --------- 8) --------- :mrgreen:

Fabulous, Excellent, Outstanding, Tremendous, Marvelous, Magnificent, Remarkable, Extraordinary & Fantastic!!!!! Amazing also!!!!! :wink:

George
+1 to what George said. Pretty expressive, isn't it? :D

Congrats, Tom! She looks nice!

All the best,

B.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Okay, before I post the before/afters, let me just say that Fixit hit on some major sunburst goodness with his most recent purchases...

ST100.jpg

ST100b.jpg