Hopeful New Score Carved S-100

tele4tone

Reaction score
Working on a deal right now. Finally going Vintage Qvart!

Far from perfect, but I love the mojo....
DSCF3995.jpg

DSCF3997.jpg

DSCF3998.jpg

DSCF3996.jpg

tele4tone

Reaction score
That is the one. What was the asking price on the CL ad? A different person owns it now. funny I missed that thread

You guys are scary good.

Thx, Jeff

Qvart

Reaction score
tele4tone said:
That is the one. What was the asking price on the CL ad? A different person owns it now. funny I missed that thread

You guys are scary good.

Thx, Jeff

I'll take that as a compliment. :lol:

Imagine if I hadn't let my database compilation lapse over the last few months. How many more records would I have to draw upon?

I'll look around and see if I have some info on the CL ad price.

BTW, the seller posted in that thread I linked. And I irked him a bit. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas? :lol:

:EDIT: Maybe it was another thread where the seller posted. And I didn't save the CL ad in my "database." I just remembered the guitar from discussions here and found the thread I linked above. I'll do some more looking.

How much is the current seller asking? Is there a case?

tele4tone

Reaction score
The seller is in one of the Carolinas. I can't remember. He is the owner of This1smyne pedals. Nice guy. He goes through a bit of gear. His name is Dan and he builds one of the best overdrive/distortion pedals I have ever owned.

I appreciate the support you guys give. Now we can pop this thing open when we get it. I suspect the wiring is not original.

Now I just need a BB or M80

Jeff

Qvart

Reaction score
tele4tone said:
The seller is in one of the Carolinas.

Where? I'm in one of the Carolinas.

:EDIT: That thread I linked above did have posts from the seller I think. Must have been edited at some point. And it looks like their "bottom line cash in had" price was $1000.

tele4tone

Reaction score
Mt Pleasant, South Carolina. I paid 1100 it has the original case. I assumed the wiring was original, but some of Mike7's posts make me wonder if he rewired it?

I also got a Mini tap tempo and shipping out of the deal. I may have payed a little too much, but doood It's so hard to find a carved when I have money. The seller is very reputable as well. This may put the S73 with HB1's on the market.

I can't wait to play some shows here local and show these punks that Guild makes Schecter/PRS look like toys.

Jeff

hagmeat

Reaction score
Hi Tele, 1100 delivered is a great deal I reckon. Good stuff !!
Now go and show those punks !

Qvart

Reaction score
tele4tone said:
Mt Pleasant, South Carolina. I paid 1100 it has the original case.

How can something have "Mt." in the name when it's on the coast? Yeah, that's pretty far from here.

Good luck with it. I'll expect a full report in triplicate on my desk, ASAP. :lol:

tele4tone

Reaction score
yeah....He's selling it to get a house on the beach. I'll get some pics up and a report for sure. I'm looking forward to this one.

Jeff

Thunderface

Reaction score
tele4tone said:
I also got a Mini tap tempo and shipping out of the deal. I may have payed a little too much, but doood It's so hard to find a carved when I have money.
I paid almost the same amount for my rough-around-the-edges sunburst Deluxe that was in need of a replacement Adjusto-Matic bridge (thanks again, danerectal). So I can totally understand that when it comes to vintage sunburst S-100s ...

GottaDo.jpg

In the end, you'll have a sunburst Carved and I have sunburst DeLuxe. 'Nuff said. :D

How's this trioka for sunburst S-100 goodness? Of course, the Standard in this mockup isn't nearly as beautiful as Qvart's Uber Sunburst S-100, but you get the point. :wink:

SBS100s.jpg

tele4tone

Reaction score
Man I hope the neck feels good. If it is skinny like my SFIV I'm gonna be a little bummed. My S-100 reissue neck is so nice I find myself using that guitar even when I really need to use a single coil guitar. This is the most I have ever spent on a guitar.

Jeff

Hammer

Reaction score
tele4tone said:
Man I hope the neck feels good. If it is skinny like my SFIV I'm gonna be a little bummed. My S-100 reissue neck is so nice I find myself using that guitar even when I really need to use a single coil guitar. This is the most I have ever spent on a guitar.

Jeff

Well...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the neck on your reish is way more chunky that what you are going to feel on that vintage burst, so if you like the reish neck better, you may indeed wind up bummed. Pretty fiddle though, plenty of mojo!

tele4tone

Reaction score
There was a difference between my painted reissue and my hand rubbed reissue. I don't feel that my current reish is that chunky and my S-73 is a baseball ball. We'll see soon enough.

Jeff

cdiaz

Reaction score
I almost bought this guitar about 6 months ago. I got cold feet when it got down to the wire. Good luck. Hope it works out great for you!

tele4tone

Reaction score
Well.......It's not a player out of the box. It has the worst wiring job I have ever seen. Cold solder joints and the neck pup barely works. This thing is definitely road worn. But..... the mojo of it is cool the frets are in great shape.

I'm going to have to scrap the wiring. The black tape is not working for me.

The original case is pretty cool. Has some wear, but very functional.
Pics soon.....
Jeff

tele4tone

Reaction score
Since the condition is ruff... I'm tempted to have this thing spiffed up and painted black. I seen that pic of one and it's so tight. I am hindered since this is the only burst carved we know of.

Jeff