New member with S-100

Reaction score
After playing twenty years through Westones, Charvelles, Fender, Gibson, Martin, Taylor and Breedloves i found my way back to the "Great Guild Guitars!"

I used to play my Dads D-25 in High School around the house and when I joined the navy played whatever looked cool.

Then six months ago, I bought a Fender/Guild F50R and fell in love again. Soon after realized I couldn't keep it due to finances I settled for a D-17 that I bought for $290 and absolutely love it!

It was all down hill from there and now own only Guilds. Just bought a '73 S-100 and couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd like that body style but am addicted.

'73 S100
'89 D17
'99 Starfire II

Thunderface

Reaction score
Re: Sticky: Guild S-100, 1970-2000

Welcome BrockJones. Now that your first post is in the books. how 'bout a photo of your S-100 and the rest of your Guild family. :D

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. Given the nature of the conversation, I split things so they did not end up being sticky.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Howdy, welcome and don't expect me to be your voice of restraint when it comes to new guitar purchases!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
BrockJones said:
Just bought a '73 S-100 and couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd like that body style but am addicted.
Sounds familiar.... :wink:
Welcome home and enjoy!

Zelja

Reaction score
BrockJones said:
Just bought a '73 S-100 and couldn't be happier.
Was that the one out of Utah that was recently on ebay?

Congrats on the purchase & enjoy. I hope to join the club soon as well.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will post a pic soon. It was the one from Utah. It plays great and needs a good setup. Now I have a dilemma...I just got an S-90 and am trying to decide to keep it or keep the '97 starfire? The s90 is a '72 model with Demario's installed but came with original pickups that I'm putting back if I keep. Any suggestions?

Russian Guy

Reaction score
BrockJones said:
Thanks everyone, I will post a pic soon. It was the one from Utah. It plays great and needs a good setup. Now I have a dilemma...I just got an S-90 and am trying to decide to keep it or keep the '97 starfire? The s90 is a '72 model with Demario's installed but came with original pickups that I'm putting back if I keep. Any suggestions?

I'd put in the original HB1s and kept it. But that's me, a guy who lusts after Guild solidbody with HB1s in them but haven't had a chance to own one yet :)

Qvart

Reaction score
Depends what p'ups are in the SF. If you want variety keep that one. The S-90 is a stripped-down S-100, and you already have one of those.

Strap on Guildo

Reaction score
Welcome to the S100 owners club BrockJones... now tell me more about that S90 so I may possibly join that club!! What colour is it mate? All original? Pics?