1973 Guild s-100

nibs208

Reaction score
Hello,

Been looking for the right s-100 for a while now and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 1973 on ebay a few weeks ago. Never having the opportunity to play one before I bought this on, I had some reservations. Real glad I did get it because its easily the best sounding guitar I've played. Here's some pics.

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

The last 2 pics show the only non original things with the guitar (one volume knob and one bridge saddle). If any one could help me out with procuring those 2 part it would be greatly appreciated. I did check the control cavity ( to lazy to take pics now) and the serial number is matching the one on the label, and all the copper shielding is there.

Thanks for Looking,
Ian

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
And one more satisfied customer!....
You've done well Ian, the vintage S-100 is indeed a tone monster, welcome to the gang! 8)

nibs208

Reaction score
Thanks for the love all. Really digging this guitar. Couldn't be more happy with it.

Zelja

Reaction score
Congratulations on the guitar! Out of interest what is the neck width at the nut? How would you describe the neck profile?

fearless

Reaction score
nibs208 said:
The last 2 pics show the only non original things with the guitar (one volume knob and one bridge saddle). If any one could help me out with procuring those 2 part it would be greatly appreciated. I did check the control cavity ( to lazy to take pics now) and the serial number is matching the one on the label, and all the copper shielding is there.
Ian
I bought two new bridge saddles from ABM in Germany, the company that used to be the company that produced the original bridge and saddles. They still make them but the shape is a little different:

P8300181.jpg

So not exactly the same as the original 70s saddle (since they had to re-tool) but if you want one, let me know. The reason I didn't use them is that I have all the original saddles but the threads were badly worn. I worked out that I could cement the rollers to the threads and it works fine so the saddles are spare and I would ship to you on a cost-recovery basis. But if you can get hold of vintage originals, they'll look better. Might take a while to find.