FS: '74 S-100C..READY TO SHIP!...DELIVERED!

Qvart

Reaction score
I have two, and only really need one. I hate to part with it, but I'd rather have the money now.

$1100 PayPal'ed and shipped.

Some nicks and dings. Finish checking as to be expected. But sounds awesome.

Comes with a case from a '75 S-100.

PM for more details.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Re: FS: '74 S-100C

If you sell, you'll fall below the "cool kids" threshold, but I say anyone who possesses such a fine S-100 as that '77 sunburst is cool by any standards.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total

I agree! :mrgreen: 8)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

Is this a sign of the end-times?

Thunderface

Reaction score

That was fast, but not surprisingly so. Sweet axe. Hate to see if leave your heard, but glad to see it's staying in the family.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

So you stay away for a couple of days and all hell breaks lose?!!!
Are we gonna get to welcome the new owner to the club, or did he/she request anonymity? :shock:
Congrats to both regardless, as TF put it: That was fast and not surprisingly so.

Thunderface

Reaction score

No anonymity requested by the buyer, but it's only right that they should have the glory of the NGD.

Qvart

Reaction score

bluesypicky said:
So you stay away for a couple of days and all hell breaks lose?!!!
Are we gonna get to welcome the new owner to the club, or did he/she request anonymity? :shock:
Congrats to both regardless, as TF put it: That was fast and not surprisingly so.

Yeah, I didn't expect it to go quite so fast. I'll let the new owner unveil it if they wish. Won't ship out until probably Monday.

As for selling it - Deciding between the '73 and '74 was tough. They're really the same, and in some ways the '74 is in slightly nicer shape than the '73. I like the darker color better too, and the fingerboard was a slightly nicer piece of rosewood. In the end, I really only play the '73. So it goes. Don't see any reason to sell either of the two I'm keeping though.

Larry Esposito

Reaction score

bluesypicky said:
Thunderface said:
No anonymity requested by the buyer, but it's only right that they should have the glory of the NGD.
Most absolutely. 8)

No secret here. I've been bugging TF for darn near 2 months, watching BluesPicky on youtube and asking questions that Qvart has jumped in and answered. So, you've all had a hand in this one.

TF sent me a PM about the FS post and Qvart and I were on the phone soon after. BTW, nice talking to you Q!

I will post a NGD, somewhat anti-climaticaly, when she arrives.

I know it takes 3 to be in the cool kids club, but I'm still feeling it.

Queue Rudolph: " I'm cool....I'm coooool"

Or, like I tell the wife and kids when I wear those white sweatshots with shorts:

"I make Sh@t cool!" :lol:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Larry Esposito said:
Or, like I tell the wife and kids when I wear those white sweatshots with shorts:"I make Sh@t cool!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done!
I had a feeling it wouldn't take you much longer to snatch one up!... And a carved at that! Cool bean.
And don't hesitate to post the usual NGD pics.... we'll act as if we never saw it before. :lol:

Thunderface

Reaction score

Welcome to the club, Larry. I told you we'd find you one. Never underestimate the power of the S-100 Owners Club!

Qvart

Reaction score

Thunderface said:
Welcome to the club, Larry. I told you we'd find you one. Never underestimate the power of the S-100 Owners Club!

Ah, that's right. He was the one we were on the lookout for. Didn't even click. :lol:

Qvart

Reaction score

Getting ready to ship...

02.jpg

Normally I pack the inside of the case as much as possible, but this time I didn't do any. The guitar seems totally immobilized. Don't see how I could improve it with packing so I just loosened the strings.

01.jpg

I'm all out of packing peanuts, so this one's traveling in a bed of newspapers, which seem to be more than adequate when compressed. Thanks to La Voz Independiente and the Mountain Xpress (local free papers) for the assist. :lol:

03.jpg

And we're ready to roll! I'll take it to work with me on Monday so I can drop it off at the UPS store and it'll be on its way.

05.jpg

Hope you enjoy it!

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: FS: '74 S-100C........READY TO SHIP!

Now all that's necessary is a label addressed to .........." Coastie, West Coast, Newsyland " .......... and it's good to go ! :) :)

MojoTooth

Reaction score
Re: FS: '74 S-100C........READY TO SHIP!

yawningzakk said:
Hahaha, coastie, I was thinking the same thing! I'm so jealous right now. :(
that makes 2 of us, i knew I shouldnt have hesitated on this one!