Class of '73 S-100s all together now

Thunderface

Reaction score
Because of bridge replacements, set-ups and whatnot else, this is the first time my "Class of '73" S-100s have all been together in the same place at the same time. I couldn't help but share the moment.

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Thunderface

Reaction score
I wasn't wild about the Carveds and even posted that I thought the cherry Carved was a freak of nature akin to an albino squirrel ... and then I went out and bought it, largely because it was cherry and it was a 1973, which gave me all the S-100 model options.

All four are a little bit different. The Carved and the sunburst Deluxe feel lighter than either the nature boy Deluxe or the walnut Standard, and there's some slight variations in the feel of the necks. I like them all, mind you, but some feel flatter and thinner than the others. Soundwise, they're all wonderful, although I do like playing the Deluxes because of the Guildsbys.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's a fine grouping of Guilds, there. Veerrryyy nice.

Dave :D

Thunderface

Reaction score
I took a couple of shots outside in the natural light. The walnut Standard, in particular, is difficult to shoot where you can actually see the woodgrain.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Qvart and I have been copying each other's photo poses, so I can't wait to see an outdoor group shot of his qvartet of S-100s in natural light. They look pretty good inside, too.
03.jpg