Sunny Deluxe bridge replacement

Thunderface

Reaction score
Got my sunburst '73 S-100 Deluxe back with after having a period-correct replacement Adjustomatic bridge installed (thanks again, Dane).
IMG_0692.jpg

Now it looks and plays like it's supposed to. :D
IMG_0679.jpg

Qvart

Reaction score
Cool!

Now, which of the deluxes are you selling to me? You know that's next in my acquisition of vintage S-100 varieties. :lol:

Thunderface

Reaction score
True enough, now that you have a Carved and a Standard. I was looking at yours and Hammer's collections, and I'm thinking the sunburst Deluxe would look good with your guitars because you have a nature boy already, and the nature boy Deluxe would look better in Hammer's because all of his are finshed in a color (white, black, green) so he could use a nature finish one.

Unfortunately for you guys, they look best in my collection, so that is where they will stay ... for something resembling eternity. :D

murkat

Reaction score
Very Cool! But,...

I have to say.....

Now that is the most Badass Bigsby system I have ever seen. Hands down.

That guitar rules.

And I am not a bigsby guy at all.

But that,... and that guitar.... rules.

yawningzakk

Reaction score
Hey Thunderface!

She really looks gorgeous!

Must nearly feel like having a new guitar, after all this time it had been in repair!

How long did it take?

What did your luthier actually do? Did he have to fill the holes in order to fit the new bridge?

Was it hard to find a bridge like that?

Thunderface

Reaction score
They plugged the holes made larger for the non-original bridge that came with it, and then redrilled them to put in the recessed posts.

(Before bridge replacement)
DSCN0537.jpg

I bought the period-correct Adjustomatic bridge from Danerectal, who I can't thank enough. :D It was in the shop for a couple of months, the holdup being that the shop owner had some more pressing family issues -- the premature birth of his first child -- to deal with, so I told him to take his time.

For some reason she photographs better than she actually looks, but is still plenty beautiful to me.