S-100s in action

Thunderface

Reaction score
After seeing a marked increase in the number of S-100s on the market, I couldn't help but think that Soundgarden's reunion shows have once again increased interest in our favorite Guild solidbody. So I tried to see if I could find some action shots of S-100s, and here's what I came up with:

Kim Thayil of Soundgarden, playing his black and white Standards, Carrie Brownstein of Sleater-Kinney playing her Deluxe, and our own Singin' Dave playing his Carved.

S100ers.jpg

Thunderface

Reaction score
Carrie Brownstein and Laura Pleasants. Two women who rock with Guild. Kylesa must be some kind of local band, Q?

stig

Reaction score
getsmart1.jpg

Get Smart reunion show in 1987. Me at left with my 68 Starfire, and the other guitar player at right with my S-100. (He didn't have an electric at the time)

Qvart

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Carrie Brownstein and Laura Pleasants. Two women who rock with Guild. Kylesa must be some kind of local band, Q?

Nope. They're from Savannah, GA and getting pretty well-known in their genre - sludgy metal. Pleasnants mainly plays a Les Paul gold top now and Cole uses an Explorer a lot, but the last time I saw them the red Guild was at the ready in a stand but Cole didn't use it. Next time I see them I'm going to find out what bridge p'ups they swapped on both.

Check them here.

BTW - I blame Pleasants for my Guild addiction. I first noticed the S-100 cause I happened to be standing by the side of the stage she came out on and I was like "what the hell is that guitar? Guild? Damn that looks like an SG."

Thunderface

Reaction score
Qvart said:
BTW - I blame Pleasants for my Guild addiction. I first noticed the S-100 cause I happened to be standing by the side of the stage she came out on and I was like "what the hell is that guitar? Guild? Damn that looks like an SG."

And I blame you for my S-100 addiction! :D Before that, I was just addicted to Guild solidbodies, until you turned me on to the Guild solidbody.

Thunderface

Reaction score
And let's not forget our own Dane and Matt from the Daleks, both playing Dane's S-100. The second photo is Matt, right, and not Josh?
Dane.jpg

Matt.jpg

Qvart

Reaction score
Pwal said:
There's also Kyle Shutt of The Sword.

The two times I saw them live he didn't play the S-100. I'll post an update after I see them for the third time on 10/13 (at The Orange Peel in Aheville, NC with Karma to Burn). \m/'-_-'\m/

Horuss

Reaction score
Here's me a couple of years ago at Echo Curio in Los Angeles.

My friend Tom made that custom leather pickguard.

1683666691_f10a4e6d67.jpg

danerectal

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
And let's not forget our own Dane and Matt from the Daleks, both playing Dane's S-100. The second photo is Matt, right, and not Josh?

Right you are. Actually we're the two remaining Daleks. BTW, I've been holding off on the CD since there's talk of us recording much more legitimate versions in the near future. In fact, probably bringing us your direction.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Sorry to 'burst your bubble, Hammer, but it's the reflection off the studio lights. See the (Soundgarden on Conan) post.

Excellent reissue S-100, probos, and way to put it to the best possible use -- on stage! :D