First Post S-100 info

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum after many years of loving and owning an S-100. It's good to see there are others out there so enamored with this great guitar. Anyways, it seems my time with this particular S-100 is coming to an end. I am mainly a drummer and haven't played much guitar in a while so it just doesn't make much sense for me to hang on to it. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of it's worth.

It's was built in the late 90s with original pickups and hardshell case. The color is white (which has slightly yellowed, but I think it adds to the coolness) with a black pick guard and silver hardware. It's in good shape, there are a few dings here and there but nothing major. I am the second owner and bought it a few years ago off ebay.

It took me years of searching to find a white one, and I haven't seen one for sale since. I will try and post a picture when I get a chance.

Thanks for your help.

~Jon

Qvart

Reaction score
Welcome Jon!

Too bad you are thinking of divesting yourself of this S-100. As you may have noticed, this forum is slanted heavily towards Guild acoustics and we always welcome new solid body troops. There is a contingent of S-100 owners here (I being one of them) who are quite loyal to the model. You might have seen this thread, but if not:

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18126

As for yours - white ones come up for sale occasionally, but not nearly as much as black, red, or natural. They tend to average about $800, but a white one might go for a bit more depending on condition. If you want to share the serial number we can give you the year, and pics are mandatory! :lol:

Again, welcome, and enjoy your time here.

-Geoff.

(PS: Buy a vintage one.)

Hammer

Reaction score
Did someone say white S-100?!? :lol: :mrgreen:

uselesssmileys.gif

Thunderface

Reaction score
Welcome Jon. As you can see, most of the frequent S-100 posters have come out of the mahogany woodwork on this one. While it is true that every band needs a drummer, this forum can always use another S-100 owner. Unless you have a pressing financial need to sell it, I'd recommend keeping it, because as soon as it goes away, you'll regret it ... Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Don't believe me? Just look at former S-100 owner iloveilsa ...

Casaguild.jpg

Maxer

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Jon. What Thunderface said, in spades. Keep that sucker - or sell it to me. These are killer, killer guitars.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG, Jon. Post a few pics and maybe folks can give you an idea of value.

As a recent middleman for the purchase of an older S-100, I can tell you there is a rather rabid group of followers of this model here at LTG. :)

Again, welcome. Hang out. Maybe you'll rekindle your love for this instrument before you choose to get rid of it.

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Maybe not a 73, but certainly a good start! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What they all said, awesome guitar... Enjoy and welcome!

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone and for the good info.

I haven't decided for sure to sell it. If I saw more white S-100s around I would be quicker to sell because I might be able to get another later down the road. So yeah, I'm in deliberation. :D

And just so you know I didn't make the whole thing up, here are some pictures I took real quick.

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
jamb603 said:
If I saw more white S-100s around I would be quicker to sell...

Do you know why you don't see more of them for sale? Cuz we buy them all! :mrgreen: Most of us S-100 guys will freely admit...we definitely have a problem. :lol:

Thunderface

Reaction score
Hammer said:
jamb603 said:

Do you know why you don't see more of them for sale? Cuz we buy them all! :mrgreen: Most of us S-100 guys will freely admit...we definitely have a problem. :lol:

Hammer, what do you mean "we." Don't you mean "you" as in "you buy them all" when it comes to white S-100s.

Hammer

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Hammer said:
jamb603 said:

Hammer, what do you mean "we." Don't you mean "you" as in "you buy them all" when it comes to white S-100s.

I was just talking S-100s in general...so...lemme look at that roster again and see who, oh who else might have 5 of em... :wink:

Qvart

Reaction score
Well, it's definitely post-'97. A serial number is needed here. Regardless, sell it. Buy a vintage one. You won't regret it.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Hammer said:
Thunderface said:

I was just talking S-100s in general...so...lemme look at that roster again and see who, oh who else might have 5 of em... :wink:

You buy all the white ones and the first reissues. I buy all the '73s with a '77 thrown in for good measure, although the '77 is for sale if anyone is interested.

Thunderface

Reaction score
Sorry to dredge up a ghost post, but I wonder if he ever decided to sell this one? Just curious is all ... we are talkin' a white S-100 here. :wink:

IMG_2255.jpg

Zelja

Reaction score
Interesting that this resurfaces today as I was thinking of getting a cheaper S-100 & getting it refinished in white.

I must have a white S-100!! :twisted:

Alan_M

Reaction score
I've been lusting for a white one myself. Uh oh, the price of white ones probably just went up!