Holy Eff'ng Crap on a Cracker!

Hammer

Reaction score
:shock: :shock: :shock:

It's here...and it's badass...and I'll be playing for a while...I'm not even cleanign it up yet...I can't...that would require sitting it down. I can say for some certainty now, the neck on my other white 94, the transition one with the new switch tip and the Duncans, definitely does have a slightly fatter neck...I thought the green machine may have just been diff, but now that I have two with that same neck FB000115 is just a smidge fatter than both FB000093 and 007. And, just so Hans does not have an aneurysm and burst a blood vessel:

If I haven't said it already, Treem, thanx for hooking this up...you, sir, kick 12 kinds of arse.

And, once again, I will reiterate... :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Hammer

Reaction score
More pics...the control cavity:

And this is kinda interesting...it appears to be hand written on the wood, underneath a thin layer of paint and clear:

If you can't read it, it says "12 - 6 - 93" and what looks like the initials "JT"...maybe the guy who put it together, inspected it...I dunno. Senor Moust...could it be a '93? Any idea who JT might be (long shot, I know, but I had to ask just in case)? First time I have ever seen that. Also the first time I have seen a molded case for one of these with a black interior.

The Capt has found his white whale! :mrgreen:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Sweet Home Ala-Hammer! :D

You are welcome Bromigo! :mrgreen:

Reaction score
So Hammer, is it safe to assume you're happy with your new (to you) purchase?? :?:

I'll put you down for a 'yes'. :D

Congrats - nice team effort. Or should I say nice Treem effort :?:

Cheers,

~nw

Hammer

Reaction score
Nigel Wickwire said:
So Hammer, is it safe to assume you're happy with your new (to you) purchase?? :?:

I'll put you down for a 'yes'. :D

Congrats - nice team effort. Or should I say nice Treem effort :?:

Cheers,

~nw

Indeed, good sir...indeed. 8)

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
And, just so Hans does not have an aneurysm and burst a blood vessel:

Hey Hammer,

I knew what the pickups on the 'white' one would be like. I want to know what they look like on the 'green' one!

Hammer said:
And this is kinda interesting...it appears to be hand written on the wood, underneath a thin layer of paint and clear:

If you can't read it, it says "12 - 6 - 93" and what looks like the initials "JT"...maybe the guy who put it together, inspected it...I dunno. Senor Moust...could it be a '93? Any idea who JT might be (long shot, I know, but I had to ask just in case)?

I know and I may tell you, if you get me those photos. It might take a year before I tell you though!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hammer

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
Hammer said:
And, just so Hans does not have an aneurysm and burst a blood vessel:

Hey Hammer,

I knew what the pickups on the 'white' one would be like. I want to know what they look like on the 'green' one!

Hammer said:

If you can't read it, it says "12 - 6 - 93" and what looks like the initials "JT"...maybe the guy who put it together, inspected it...I dunno. Senor Moust...could it be a '93? Any idea who JT might be (long shot, I know, but I had to ask just in case)?

I know and I may tell you, if you get me those photos. It might take a year before I tell you though!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

:lol: Smarta$$. :p I pulled them when I was pulling them on this one. I'll up the pics later, have to go pick up the wife now, but...they are stamped SDs. I will tell you, however, there are no 59 or JB stickers on them like you usually see with those. Also, they not only sound different and have different covers than the SDs in FB000115 and FB001121 (which both sond very similar BTW), they also sound very different from the pups in this new whitey. Are they mayhaps SD stamped SD-1s in the green machine? I've had JBs and 59s in other guitars as replacement pups and the SDs in FB0000093 don't sound anything like them either.

Ok, now spill the dirt on the writing in the cavity! :D

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
:lol: Smarta$$. :p

I don't mind you calling me a Smarta$$, but at the risk of maybe sounding like your dad .......keep in mind that when you were born, I was trying to figure out all these things about guitar history that a lot of people these days take for granted when doing a 'Google' or a 'Wikipedia' search.

Ok, now spill the dirt on the writing in the cavity! :D

No ......... first the photos. A verbal description won't do! You can send them straight to my regular e-mail address ( guitarchives@wxs.nl ). The posted ones are a little small.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Hammer

Reaction score
Here ya go Hans.

I just noticed the 59 sticker...pretty faded, so I guess that's why I missed it before. Ah well, it sounds purty anyhow. :wink:

Now spill? :)

Qvart

Reaction score
Yeah Hammer, it looks like your green machine has the same p'ups red had (FB000305). I'm looking for one with the other p'ups (SD-1's?) so keep your eyes peeled now that you have some insight into the SN's and pickup changes. And don't put more green strings on the green one! :bleh:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:

Hello Hammer,

The 12-6-93 date was written in there by the guy who puts the necks on. His name is Jeff T. (for privacy reasons). This guitar was serial numbered on 12-17-93 after which date it was finished.
Since it takes some time for the lacquer to dry and the instrument to buffed out and set up in 'final assembly', it is technically a 1994 but as I stated it is a 1993 serial number.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Hammer

Reaction score
Qvart said:
Yeah Hammer, it looks like your green machine has the same p'ups red had (FB000305). I'm looking for one with the other p'ups (SD-1's?) so keep your eyes peeled now that you have some insight into the SN's and pickup changes. And don't put more green strings on the green one! :bleh:

Meh, they feel good and sound nice, but...they were definitely not evergreen.

Hammer

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
Hammer said:

Hello Hammer,

The 12-6-93 date was written in there by the guy who puts the necks on. His name is Jeff T. (for privacy reasons). This guitar was serial numbered on 12-17-93 after which date it was finished.
Since it takes some time for the lacquer to dry and the instrument to buffed out and set up in 'final assembly', it is technically a 1994 but as I stated it is a 1993 serial number.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Thanx! That's kinda cool. So, basically it was physically born in late '93, but didn't make it out to the floor until '94, yesh?