An S-100 parts question

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I'm looking for a phase switch for my '74 S-100. Luckily the hole is unfilled, so if I can find the right part, it's an easy restore. Are these stock type items, or will I need to locate a vintage part?

Thanks for your help.

Michael D.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Someone else will know better than me, but to my untrained eyes, these little $2.99 switches look pretty damn close!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062503

Hello mad dog,

No, that would not be the right switch! What you need is a 'Double Pole, Double Throw' miniature switch, also known as DPDT switch. Make sure you get the 2-position one. There's also a 3-position version, which would give you no sound in the middle position.

Good luck!

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Hammer

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
Hammer said:
Someone else will know better than me, but to my untrained eyes, these little $2.99 switches look pretty damn close!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062503

Hello mad dog,

No, that would not be the right switch! What you need is a 'Double Pole, Double Throw' miniature switch, also known as DPDT switch. Make sure you get the 2-position one. There's also a 3-position version, which would give you no sound in the middle position.

Good luck!

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Doh! Linked the wrong one...whoops. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062499 Too many tabs open at once. :oops:

Thunderface

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of S-100 parts, does anyone out there have an Adjustomatic bridge that would fit a '73 S-100 DeLuxe, which is en route to me as I type?

Thunderface

Reaction score
Danester, if you have one you'd be willing to part with -- get it, part with -- I will install you for President of the Cool Kid's Club, which I can do since I created and maintain the Owner's Roster. Still a far cry from Qvart's S-100 serial number database, but it's still fun to look at.

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Hans and Hammer!

And speaking of Guild parts, Dane outdid himself on my behalf, fashioning a replacement back cover plate for my S-90. He gets my vote for "Humanitarian of the Year - Guild solidbody division." Just got it last night.

Dane is the best. I love this place!!

MD

danerectal

Reaction score
Thanks, MD. You're tops.

Facial - I have the old bridge that came on my 1970. I replaced it with a gold plated one (along with gold plated everything else), so it's an extra. I also have one that uses phillips head screws rather than the thumb screws that you normally see, but for that reason it stays here. PM sent.

Thunderface

Reaction score
mad dog said:
Thanks Hans and Hammer!

And speaking of Guild parts, Dane outdid himself on my behalf, fashioning a replacement back cover plate for my S-90. He gets my vote for "Humanitarian of the Year - Guild solidbody division." Just got it last night.

Dane is the best. I love this place!!

MD

I second that motion. Thanks Dane for checking, finding and having an Adjustomatic. I've got no problems with the mojo inflicted by someone esle, but I do like them to be original, or at least close to original. It arrives Tuesday!

guild.jpg

guild-4.jpg

guild-5.jpg

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mmmm, that girl's got some character! I feel more comfortable with a less than perfect guitar.

Thunderface

Reaction score
danerectal said:
Facial - I have the old bridge that came on my 1970. I replaced it with a gold plated one (along with gold plated everything else), so it's an extra. I also have one that uses phillips head screws rather than the thumb screws that you normally see, but for that reason it stays here. PM sent.

Dane, the old replacement bridge practically fell off, and from the looks of it, I'm thinking your Adjustomatic might work. I do have the metal recessed posts.
DSCN0537.jpg