Guild sighting...the rare S-200?

Qvart

Reaction score
So a friend of mine posted a video of Hank III on FB. I'm not a fan but she is. Although the point of the post was to draw attention to the 18-year-old banjo player more so than Hank. Anyway, it reminded me of the Hank interview on the Guild website which, of course, includes this picture:

Hank-III-b.jpg

I always thought "hey, cool - an S-100." But taking a closer look it appears those inlays look more like an S-200. So I did some searching:

hank.png

Misfits crimson skull covers up what is probably a G-shield inlay given the bound headstock. EMG pickups instead of HB-1's (shame) and the phase switch has been removed.

That makes three that I've seen - Hank III, Grot, and one other on Ebay.

Oh yeah, he plays a Nightbird too:

3911344253_d1559528a1.jpg

Thunderface

Reaction score
Qvart said:

That's pretty much a given with rare Guilds, isn't it, to say that only a few have been seen, including one that Kurt has. :p

fab467

Reaction score
Isn't this the guitar that the Thunderbird S200 morphed into, albeit for a very short time? And did this new looking Tbird morph into the later version of the S100? :?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Qvart said:
So a friend of mine posted a video of Hank III on FB. I'm not a fan but she is. Although the point of the post was to draw attention to the 18-year-old banjo player more so than Hank. Anyway, it reminded me of the Hank interview on the Guild website which, of course, includes this picture:

Hank-III-b.jpg

I always thought "hey, cool - an S-100." But taking a closer look it appears those inlays look more like an S-200. So I did some searching:

Misfits crimson skull covers up what is probably a G-shield inlay given the bound headstock. EMG pickups instead of HB-1's (shame) and the phase switch has been removed.

Sorry folks, it's not an S-200. It's a 'Custom Order' S-100 from the early '90s.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Qvart

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
Sorry folks, it's not an S-200. It's a 'Custom Order' S-100 from the early '90s.

I kinda thought it looked more like a reissue than one from the '70's. Thanks again, Hans.