S-100c in action and a new Guild in the fold

Singin' Dave

Reaction score
A buddy of mine who is a semi-pro photographer with a very high end digital camera came out to one of my gigs this summer and snapped some shots. I just happened to bring my S-100c that day.

Well, he finally sent me some pictures and here are a couple featuring my '74, so I thought I'd share:

GingeMillenniumPitP62509098.jpg

GingeMillenniumPitP62509119.jpg

Awesome gig downtown at Millennium Park in Chicago for a local radio station. Got LOTS of great comments on the guitar, with most of the uninformed saying "Killer SG!". LOL.

Also had to post my latest acquisition, a '77 S-300-D, which I got off CList for $500 w ohsc. Beat up but sounds and feels awesome!

GuildS-300-DFull2.jpg

GuildS-300-DBody.jpg

And then of course there's my '73 BBird scored off forumite Tweedledee last year. His pictures of a hell of guitar.

bbird2.jpg

bbird3.jpg

ah.... lovin' them Guilds!

DSCN5672.jpg

Maxer

Reaction score
Man, your '74 is in fiiiiiiine condition, I gotta say. Normally I don't care for the acorn style but your Guild is in such excellent condition and looks so uncannily clean, it's absolutely killer. Wow. Props to you. That's just beautiful.

Singin' Dave

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes--- the S-100C is the prize of the lot, though the BBird plays and sounds just as fine if not finer. Very lucky score. Bought it summer of '08 off Clist about an hour away from Chicago for a very nice price w/ ohsc but it did not have the original HB1's in it and it was covered in dust and dirt. Spent a good hour or two cleaning it up after I got it home and was stunned at how well everythijng came off. A beauty was hiding under all than mung! Then hit eBay for HB1 pickups, which took some time, but eventually found a great set for $180, so all in for WELL under a grand and this guitar is a lifer.

plague

Reaction score
nice score on the s300! i love these guitars and its great when you can still find them for a decent price