Can anyone date my Guilds?

Canadian Steve

Reaction score
Hi, new to the site. I just got a new Bluesbird last week and wanted to know what year and what plant it was made at along with my S-100: CL001191 + FB000403. Thanks!

Reaction score
Click on the Guild website here.Next,click on instruments on their main page. Then,click on "Dating your Guild Guitar".

You should be able to match up the serial number located on your guitar with the appropriate info at this site.

I am sure other folks will see your question and provide further assistance. Good luck!

http://www.guildguitars.com/

Maxer

Reaction score
Yo, Steve! Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canuck.

Fergawdsakes, post pix! Especially of that S100, man! I have one of those myself and it's my sentimental fave. In fact I was playing it tonight - recording with it into Logic. Great, great guitars.

BobsterMan

Reaction score
mmmmmm fresh meat...

see "Can anyone date this guitar?" for a more serious discussion.

I'm from North of North Dakota :twisted:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Canadian Steve said:
Hi, new to the site. I just got a new Bluesbird last week and wanted to know what year and what plant it was made at along with my S-100: CL001191 + FB000403. Thanks!

Hello Steve,

Welcome! Your Bluesbird with ser. # CL1191 was made in Westerly, RI in 1998 and your S-100 with ser. # FB000403 was made in that same location the year before that.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

RussB

Reaction score
Canadian Steve said:

C'Mon, Man, we need to see a nice pic or three of them :)

Hammer

Reaction score
uselesssmileys.gif

Canadian Steve

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not the most computer literate! Usually I just add a pic from my folder but I can't seem to do it on this site.

Hammer

Reaction score
Canadian Steve said:
Sorry I'm not the most computer literate! Usually I just add a pic from my folder but I can't seem to do it on this site.

They need to be uploaded somewhere online, like http://www.PhotoBucket.com Then post here, click the Img button (up next to Bold, Italics, Underline, Quote, etc) and paste in the URL of the picture. If you need further help, feel free to PM me...I'm always hungry for pictures of new pretties! :D

Canadian Steve

Reaction score
I'm changing out the nickel humbuggies on the Bluesbird to a cream and black zebra set from Bare Knuckle Pickups. The S-100 have burnt chrome BKPs in it at the moment and I'm swapping them out for a set of lower powered chrome BKPs. Both guits electrics will be from RS Guitarworks.

RussB

Reaction score
That's a fine looking guitar!

Good luck with finding pup bezels, The BB one's are very different that the industry-standard Gibson profile bezels.

Speaking of RS kits, I put one in my Bluesbird. To be brutally honest, it didn't make a bit of difference. Go figure :?

Modern wiring,

BluesbirdRScontrols004.jpg

...and finally "vintage" 50's wiring,

Bluesbird50swiring.jpg

Reaction score
Wow,Canadian Steve,I just glanced over my shoulder to make sure my Guilds were not watching as I drooled over your guitar! She is real purty! :shock: Thanks for sharing the pics.

Canadian Steve

Reaction score
RussB said:
That's a fine looking guitar!
Good luck with finding pup bezels, The BB one's are very different that the industry-standard Gibson profile bezels.

Sorry, what are bezels?