S-100 Pickguard?

BreederCreature

Reaction score
Anyone have a clear S-100 pickguard I can buy off them? I've been lurking ebay for months now and nothing has shown up :(

I also haven't seen an S-100 with acorns on ebay in a while. There was a period of time where they kept popping up, but I guess we bought them all :D

I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this is. I wasn't sure since it's an accessory to a solid body.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

danerectal

Reaction score
BreederCreature said:
I also haven't seen an S-100 with acorns on ebay in a while. There was a period of time where they kept popping up, but I guess we bought them all :D
There was one up earlier this week, but it went within 24 hours for BIN $1500! I got mine for about $950 after shipping. Things sure have changed since I started buying... Glad I got that one out of my system last year.

BreederCreature

Reaction score
Oh wow! That's quite a bit! I got mine for around $550, but it doesn't have the original pickups (it has 70's era SG pickups I believe) and the finish on the back of the neck has been sanded off (which I actually love). It's a bit roughed up too, but all my guitars are anyway. It seems to have turned into my thing, having beat equipment haha.

The only real (but major) drawback is that I can't play it :/ The pickups are microphonic (or at least that's what a few music stores told me) and have uncontrollable feedback when turned up to play against drums and synth. I've been putting it off for half a year, but it's time I get it fixed. Hope I don't need new pickups :(

-Adam

danerectal

Reaction score
BreederCreature said:
The only real (but major) drawback is that I can't play it :/ The pickups are microphonic (or at least that's what a few music stores told me) and have uncontrollable feedback when turned up to play against drums and synth. I've been putting it off for half a year, but it's time I get it fixed. Hope I don't need new pickups :(

-Adam
Sounds like nothing a wax potting job couldn't solve.