Just bought an early 1970s S-100

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and have been a member of The Gear Page for over four-years - under the same name.

I've mosly owned Gibsons and Fenders, but did have a Guild acoustic (can't remember the model) back in the late 1970s.

Don Laidler provided me with some information the other day with regard to an early 70s Guild S-100 that I had the opportunity to purchase. I bought the guitar last night and only played it briefly through my Marshall 2061X, 1968 Pro Reverb, and Dr. Z Z-28. I am really impressed with the tone and can't wait to play it again today.

Here are some pics. that I took this morning:

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7355.jpg

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very nice Junior.

Beware though the G4G-Syndrome........ Gassin' for Guilds !

Maybe soon, a Bluesbird; a nice Blues 90 ?....... A hollow-body might be nice !

S'what happens..... you have been forewarned !

In any event; a hearty welcome from Newsyland.... enjoy your stay.

Maxer

Reaction score
Wow, what a gorgeous specimen. Congratulations to you for snagging such a sterling early 70s example. I'm salivating over here. Love that ruby red finish and near-immaculate condition. And welcome aboard! I'm the guy with the metal-clad S-100. It's nothing like yours, that's for sure. Yours looks like a real time capsule.

Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Very nice Junior.

I wouldn't mind having a Bluesbird. I remember playing one in the mid-80s at Gruhn's and it was a great guitar!

Thanks very much!

Reaction score
Maxer said:
Wow, what a gorgeous specimen. Congratulations to you for snagging such a sterling early 70s example. I'm salivating over here. Love that ruby red finish and near-immaculate condition. And welcome aboard! I'm the guy with the metal-clad S-100. It's nothing like yours, that's for sure. Yours looks like a real time capsule.

Thanks very much - I saw your metal-clad S-100 on TGP. Looks like a great guitar for sure.

Reaction score
danerectal said:
That thing is absolutely amazing. Where did you get a time machine?

A friend of mine owns a small music store and purchased it from the original owner.

When I saw the condition, and took a whiff of that great "old piano store" vintage smell - I had to have it.

Thanks very much.

Maxer

Reaction score
An S-100 in such great condition - it's such an awesome find. You have had great fortune, friend. Enjoy.

dklsplace

Reaction score
1955junior said:
coastie99 said:
Very nice Junior.

I wouldn't mind having a Bluesbird. I remember playing one in the mid-80s at Gruhn's and it was a great guitar!

Thanks very much!

Ah yes, I neglected to mention that membership here at LTG tends to bring on a rather serious side effect.....you'll find yourself craving another Guild......& another.....& another... 8)