D-25 12 NT Review

Reaction score
How long have you owned the D-25 12: 22 years!
Year & specific model: Made in 1990 (as near as I can tell) D-25 12 NT (Natural Top)
Purchased new or used: Purchased new
Price paid: $800

Owners rate 1 (least appreciated) to 10 (most appreciated) in following categories with comments as desired:

Build quality 8- The bridge began lifting about 2 yrs ago. Had to have it re-attached, and a "bridge doctor" (a la Breedlove) installed, and the neck adjusted. Well worth the money
Looks: 10 - not a lot of fancy stuff on this guitar, but it looks lovely
Projection: 10- I think the arched back makes a BIG difference here.
Bass 10
Mids 10
Highs 10
Sustain 10
Playability/comfort 9- This is a huge guitar, and me not being a big guy makes it a bit difficult to handle. In addition, the 12-string requires a lot mor hand-strength to fret. In the beginning, I had a little hand trouble
Dependability 9.5 - since I had the bridge fixed, not a hint of any problem.
Fingerstyle : 9
Flatpick 9
Strum 10

Condition (Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor):Excellent...1 small ding on the top, otherwise flawlwss

Favorite Strings (one selection only): D'Addario 82/20 bronze light

Would you buy another if lost/sold: Probably, though I would be tempted to go to a smaller 12-string instrument

Overall Assessment: An excellent instrument, as are most Guilds

Most Appreciated Characteristic: The voicing- I love the deep woody tone of Guild guitars. When I play this, heads turn and people stop and listen.

Least Appreciated: size and weight

Favorite D-60 Story/Moment:

Other observations/comments: As noted above, the D-25 12 shares the great Guild sound. It justs keeps getting sweeter and sweeter!