Jetman

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow. I'm kind of at a loss for words. I flew over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter in June so.... so what? This is just amazing. Thanks for posting this.....

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yippee! Something for everyone to try....NOT! 8)

For a bit of perspective, I backpacked across the Grand Canyon three times in two-weeks and and finished my stay by reaching the North Rim on July 4, 1976....to celebrate the Bicentennial. Never thought about trying this approach.
And I'll bet I spent a few $$ less than he did. :D

I'd still rather hike the canyon! :wink:

I'm just sayin',
Joe

Ravon

Reaction score
Wow. Amazing how we put so much trust in mechanical things. I mean, didn't he ever see that old film of that guy falling like a sack of potatoes jumping off the Eiffel Tower with his home-made wings?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
For some reason, about the time he debarked, scuba-diver style, and proceeded into a dive (building up airspeed?), I started laughing uncontrollably. Maybe it was 'cause all I could think about was coyote, chasing roadrunner... :D

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
adorshki said:
For some reason, about the time he debarked, scuba-diver style, and proceeded into a dive (building up airspeed?), I started laughing uncontrollably. Maybe it was 'cause all I could think about was coyote, chasing roadrunner... :D
Seems that I caught a glimpse of an ACME logo in there somewhere... :shock: :lol:

Joe

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
adorshki said:
Seems that I caught a glimpse of an ACME logo in there somewhere... :shock: :lol:
Joe
I saw Breitling. Good thing their jets appear to be as reliable as their watches. Don't know if Acme's gonna pursue any patent infingement claims though. 8)

CA-35

Reaction score
Totally phenomenal! :shock: :shock:

It looked as though he goes in to a flat spin at one point and then rights himself. Amazing aerobatics. :D :shock: :p

ladytexan

Reaction score
I was amazed at Yves Rossy's first flight over the English Channel (France to England) in 2008. He has perfected a few things and has a different sponsor, it seems. New meaning to the phrase "Wing Man".... ;) Ah, he's Jetman......oops! 8) :wink: