Just Up On Youtube: New Hartford Factory Tour

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Just Up On Youtube

With all due respect for Westerly, guitars, workers, lovers of Westerly guitars - "return Guild to its roots?" Wouldn't those be in New York?

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Re: Just Up On Youtube

Walter Broes said:
With all due respect for Westerly, guitars, workers, lovers of Westerly guitars - "return Guild to its roots?" Wouldn't those be in New York?

That would probably be correct, but not feasible. There's a LOT of good things happening in New Hartford.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I certainly believe that, wasn't implying Guild should move to NYC, just that whoever that is in the opening segment of that clip (which is very nice btw!!) should read up on his Guild history! :wink:

cjd-player

Reaction score
Wow, that's possibly the best marketing effort from Fender for Guild in the past 10 years or more.

Very nicely done.
I just wonder how many people will see it.

Just checked. They do not even have a link to that from the Guild website. :shock:
Sometimes corporate stupidity is just amazing. :roll: :roll: :roll:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, Sandy.

Boy. Wow! Frank's open communication style is really a major turn around for Fender. I hope they can appreciate this. I'm astonished they released this.

Gotta' love the G shield side benders. :) :)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
They just posted it because I'm a friend of theirs on Facebook, and they sent it to me (probably comes from Dave G). If any of you here (some of the younger set, I'm assuming) are on FB, friend them and share. I think it's great that Fender is finally doing the right thing.

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
Nice video. A good marketing move for sure.

I just took a quick look at the website, we lost a couple more dealers in Wisconsin. There were 21 about a year and a half ago, down to 13 now. :(

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Terrific.......makes you proud to be an owner.....especially when its been that way for.......years. :D Steffan

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
Nice, Sandy.

Boy. Wow! Frank's open communication style is really a major turn around for Fender. I hope they can appreciate this. I'm astonished they released this.

So was I! It's like a six minute version of what we got. Minus all the ohter good stuff of course. :wink:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well... New York is almost New England. Off by one state, I suppose.

But that was really nice! Good to see something positive and classy from FMIC and Guild.

And, did anybody happen to check this out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dttSSS2GFAs

Gawd, that guitar sounds good.

Dave :D

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Chazmo said:
Nice, Sandy.

So was I! It's like a six minute version of what we got. Minus all the ohter good stuff of course. :wink:

The winds of change are blowin' strong in New Hartford, eh Sandy? :) We were there (almost) first! :D

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
The winds of change are blowin' strong in New Hartford, eh Sandy? :) We were there (almost) first! :D

Indeed we were, and hats off to you, sir! It warms my soul to see what's going on up there. :D

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Chazmo said:

Indeed we were, and hats off to you, sir! It warms my soul to see what's going on up there. :D

You have to wonder if LMG inspired someone at Guild to create a video tour.

Dave :D

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Y'know, it's really great that they've kept Willy Porter in the mix, apparently rather actively, recording these videos... I wonder how he feels about the discontinuation of the Contemporary Series, especially his signature model. Apparently, he likes the products coming from NH. Being a Washington state guy (I think), I wonder if he has mixed feelings.

And, Dave, I have no doubt that LMG 2010 was a strong inspiration for at least the opening up of communication with the public. We really were fortunate to push for it and (hopefully) convince Fender of the value of this kind of goodwill. We'll see.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
And, Dave, I have no doubt that LMG 2010 was a strong inspiration for at least the opening up of communication with the public. We really were fortunate to push for it and (hopefully) convince Fender of the value of this kind of goodwill. We'll see.

I had the same feeling too, Chaz. And that we you mention is more like I. 8)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
twocorgis said:
Chazmo said:

I had the same feeling too, Chaz. And that we you mention is more like I. 8)
Ah, by no means just moi, Sandy. The guys in New Hartford, especially Frank, Kim, and Darren are the ones pushing and setting the tone. Dave is clearly complicit as well. ;)