I picked up an old hag on craigslist...

somecallmetim

Reaction score
... an old Hagstrom bass, of course. I think it is a Swede bass from the 70's, but haven't found out much yet.

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

It says "Made in Sweden" on the side of the body near the neck. The only numbers I could find are on the jackplate. 53 934189
DSCF1058.jpg

-tim

gilded

Reaction score
Yeah, Ingo, where's the review? I like it; sell it to me when you get bored with it?

somecallmetim

Reaction score
I promised my wife that I was only buying it to turn a quick buck, we'll see if I can bring myself to sell it in a few weeks. Right now i'm planning on dumping a bunch of my cheap old gear & keeping this.

Right now it desprately need new strings, neck adjustment, pots cleaned ect...

I'll post a review after I whip her into shape. Right now it sounds alot like my DA Starfire with goldtones & flatwounds.

A page I found...
http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/visstory/vis ... e_bass.htm

-t

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Tim; congratulations ... it's a beauty ... and I love that Big Rig behind it! John

gilded

Reaction score
gilded said:
Yeah, Ingo, where's the review? I like it; sell it to me when you get bored with it?

Edited the Next Day, when gilded 're-read' his earlier Post with 'fresh morning eyes':

Oops, sorry I thought it said that the OP was 'mellowgerman' not 'somecallmetim'. Hence the name 'Ingo' instead of (presumably) 'Tim'.

Kind of stupid, but I guess that's what happens when the retina in your 'best eye' gets torn in 4 places (the vitreous fluid in my right eye pulled away from the back wall of the inner eye, taking pieces of my retina with it, in July). I had laser surgery in August to correct it. The Doc zapped my retina about 200 times with a laser gun, patching the torn area.

The retina is holding up, but the total result is rather interesting, though I'll save that discussion for another post/thread. Suffice it to say, it's sometimes hard to read small print correctly and I tend to 'guess' at a word occasionally. I call it 'Laser-Induced Dyslexia', but really, it's just an amusing manifestation of events that begin to occur as one stands on the doorstep of Old Age. :oops: :lol:

gilded

PS How's this for a Veer? I think I ought to be put up for Veer of the Week? :lol:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
(Font size adjusted ... :wink: ) Hi Harry ... good veer! I thought you were looking for Ingo to provide his 'critique' ... so ... despite what you intended, you actually made some sense. :!: :!: Best, John

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Harry, I think you should run with this. Think of all the things you could get away with!

gilded said:
Sorry Honey, I thought I was copping a feel from you, not the cashier!

fab467

Reaction score
Default said:
Harry, I think you should run with this. Think of all the things you could get away with!

gilded said:
Sorry Honey, I thought I was copping a feel from you, not the cashier!
With absolutely all due respect to gilded, Default, that is funny! :lol:

alpep

Reaction score
I had a bass player that had one of those back in the late 70's it was one of the nicest playing and sounding basses I ever heard or played.
unfortunately his was of suspicious origiins....

tele4tone

Reaction score
So you told your wife you were picking up an old Hag off of Craigslist to make money? She had no problem with this HAHA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It sounds like the lead in for a good joke

Cheers, Jeff