Great spoofs of FS ads

spiderman

Reaction score
Copied off the UMGF from a thread on annoying descriptors in ads

Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for this killer ultra-rare near-prewar Gibby git, with the unique mellow, vintage woody tone of adi over hog.  Literally priceless, but the wife says to thin the herd.  No snooty pearly Martin, but the perfect down-home blues box.  I hit a brick wall when describing tone, but I like to say something about tone -- and this s-w-e-e-t git has tone to the bone: piano-like bass, sparkling highs, sustain for days -- and whammo.  Ouch.  But this axe is a hoss if you axe me; a canon of cannons, it's not overly boomy.   This dred has plenty of growl and mid-range bark, yet it's not woofy at all.  It responds to the lightest touch, yet has loads of headroom.  Minty condition for its age, except for an oversize Braz bridge plate to help flatten the top (it is an old guitar, after all), several top cracks that don't seem to go all the way through and follow the grain perfectly just like it was made that way, an old pro refin, and an old headstock repair that has held up just fine for years, thank you very much.  It may have an oversize forgery-grade bridge, but I'm not sure.  Otherwise, it's all original.  Little play ware, because this one-owner guitar was only recently found in a long-abandoned wearhouse, but it has enough mojo to show that it's a good un. Still opening up from its long sleep, it plays like buttah; never had a neck reset and doesn't need one, unless you like to play on the higher frets. I'm not an expert, but I'll try to answer any questions as best I can.  If there's anything specific you want to see a picture of, let me know.  If anyone has any additional info about this very unique piece, I'll be sure and pass it along.  E-mail for pics. $Call. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also see this one
http://www.j-walk.com/other/todd/ebayparody.htm

Harmony H-173 bought in 1960 (retired)
Alvarez AC60S 2008
Eastman AC320ce 2008 BOOKMATCHING BOOKMATCHING WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BOOKMATCHING!
http://www.massstreetmusic.com/store/sh ... id-Cutaway
GAD-JF30E(blonde) 2008
JF55 1997
D25M 1974
Martin Grand J35E 2009

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's all there, except for the added feature of having been made at Guild's Waverly plant.

Dave :lol: :lol:

spiderman

Reaction score
1. Dear Ted,
I couldn't sleep and was just looking on Ebay here at 2am and noticed your listing and was just wondering if you would be willing to end the auction early and sell that big old Martin guitar if I send you a check right now for $300 cash. I would be more than happy to wait until the end of the auction, but my sweet little daughter is having her 6th birthday next week, and I would love to be able to surprize hur with a present since she's been very good with her homewerk and is starting to take lessons for the first time next Tuseday and her old guitar is hurting her little fingers and the nylon sting neck is two big for her little hands and she says this guitar would be perfect for her and she thinks the shiney stuff around the edges of the top of the guitar looks pretty and matches the necklace I bought her for her birthday last June. If you culd call me the minute you wake up I would appreciate it, since I leve for work early. Don't worry about calling two early, as I'm retired and live alone, and no one else will waken up from the call. I appreciate your consideration. Thank you very much.
Yours truley,
Robert

2. Robert's gonna pay with a big, fat Western Union wire payment and would appreciate if you'd send his change directly to his bank account in Nigeria.

From the same thread 1 is a typical :roll: reply to YOUR Ebay ad, 2 is a comment.

Harmony H-173 bought in 1960 (retired)
Alvarez AC60S 2008
Eastman AC320ce 2008 BOOKMATCHING BOOKMATCHING WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BOOKMATCHING!
http://www.massstreetmusic.com/store/sh ... id-Cutaway
GAD-JF30E(blonde) 2008
JF55 1997
D25M 1974
Martin Grand J35E 2009