1965 Guild Thunder 1 RVT with 10" speaker adaptor plate

matsickma

Reaction score
I stopped over at Tinicum Guitar Barn this afternoon to check out a custom Guild studio guitar (reported in Archtop section). While I was there I talked with the owner about a few Guild amps he had. He told me he sold a Thunder1 RVT yesterday. I came home and looked at the web site for the amp. I found the pictures and noticed that this particular Thunder 1 RVT is the type that came with a 10" main speaker and a 8 inch reverb speaker. Now typically the T1 RVT has a 12 inch and 8 inch. However I have seen , and owned, the 10 inch model.

So I am including a link to this amp so others can see how "efficient" Guild can be in reuse of parts and designs. (I own one of these little adaptor boards and have used it to adapt a 12 inch hole to mount a 10 inch speaker.) This guitar has a replaced 8 inch speaker and a few replaced "all chrome" knobs.

I just relooked at the pictures and noticed that when the replacment 8 inch speaker was installed the outer diameter must have been bigger than the stock CTS because some of the 12 inch to 10 inch adaptor plate has been cut away.

http://www.guitarbarn.com/barn/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=864

M

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Always wanted to go over there, never found the time. :oops:
Thanks for adding to the knowledge base!

alpep

Reaction score
Karl is a great guy I have known him for years.
next time you go tell him Al says hi