Yet another new toy...

Hammer

Reaction score
The NJ Neck-Thru Mock I just scored the other day...now I can pretend to be Slash! :lol: Seriously, this guitar is major heavy...I bought it off a guy who couldn't play it anymore after having neck and back surgery. It was already loaded with an EMG 81/85 set and the pix do not do the flame justice.

P3250078.jpg

P3250079.jpg

Total eff'n \m/ -_- \m/ :mrgreen:

Qvart

Reaction score
Hammer said:
It was already loaded with an EMG 81/85 set and the pix do not do the flame justice. Total eff'n \m/ -_- \m/ :mrgreen:

Eff'n SWEET!

I could do without the Floyd Rose though. Not my style.

Now THIS ONE on the other hand...

Hammer

Reaction score
Meh...I was so-so on the Floyd, especially since it isn't an OFR, it's licensed, but I figured I should have at least one to do some crazy arse dive bombs with and if I didn't like it, it would get a big fat block jammed up its back end, like I did with the Strat.

Qvart

Reaction score
Hammer said:
Meh...I was so-so on the Floyd, especially since it isn't an OFR, it's licensed, but I figured I should have at least one to do some crazy arse dive bombs with and if I didn't like it, it would get a big fat block jammed up its back end, like I did with the Strat.

Amen brother. Same with the Strat I had (briefly).

-Geoff
AFRL President
(Anti-Floyd Rose League)

danerectal

Reaction score
I considered one before I got the S-90 which was my first set-neck and first Guild. After that the Mockingbird love went on hold. Nice grab.

Qvart said:
Now THIS ONE on the other hand...

Is that a 6x12 Orange.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Hammer,
There was a time when seeing any BC Rich would cause me to break out in a cold sweat. The first one I lusted after as a teen was the original Rich Bich because I saw Neil Giraldo playing one with Pat Benatar. Then I saw a Mockingbird--wow! You've fulfilled my teen fantasy! Very sweet. I've also always hated messing with Kahler and Floyd Rose systems, but in order to whip out the metal licks, ya gotta have one. My tastes in music and guitars drastically changed during high school, but I still appreciate BC Rich's. Nice toy!

Hammer

Reaction score
jp said:
Hey Hammer,
There was a time when seeing any BC Rich would cause me to break out in a cold sweat. The first one I lusted after as a teen was the original Rich Bich because I saw Neil Giraldo playing one with Pat Benatar. Then I saw a Mockingbird--wow! You've fulfilled my teen fantasy! Very sweet. I've also always hated messing with Kahler and Floyd Rose systems, but in order to whip out the metal licks, ya gotta have one. My tastes in music and guitars drastically changed during high school, but I still appreciate BC Rich's. Nice toy!

Thanx!

I still remember the first time I saw a Bich 10 also. I can't remember what video me and my friend were watching, but both of us played and both of us, at the same time, were all "What the hell are those extra tuners?!?" :lol:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Though many may disagree, I remember BC Rich as being the first company to make highly customized, high-end guitars in original funky shapes targeted to the metal rocker crowd. I mean there were lots of companies making funky-shaped guitars since the 60s (Guild included), but BC Rich were really high, handmade quality axes, like the first PRS gits, but flashier with extremely high build quality, components, and woods. There just wasn't anything like them at the time, and despite the high price tag, they really weren't that expensive for what they were.