Bleh...

Qvart

Reaction score
Default said:
Following Guild's lead?

I guess. Maybe if it was pink and used in a rap/rock crossover video I could buy one now and sell it for $20K in 20 years.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
holy-x_main.jpg

I was about the only person on TGP to admit to liking it. I dig it!

GAD

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"Guilt by association"

I immediately have a negative response to a design like that, cos I associate it ( rightly or wrongly ) with shredding / clever-Dick million notes a minute / completely OTT stuff that I personally loathe, and lend no ear-time to.

Before I cop a serve from some of you younger jokers about my neanderthal prejudices, let me say that yes, some of the "clever Dicks" are indeed very competent guitarists, and, thank goodness for musical diversity.

On reflection, I think that aesthetically, it's those bloody ugly headstocks that I most loathe ! Some of those offbeat designs do actually appeal, by virtue of their offbeat-edness.

Qvart

Reaction score
Well, my first reaction was...well...bleh.

If the thing has a certain functionality with that design that would be one thing. If there's a good reason for it. Maybe there is and I just didn't read enough about it. The thing is it just seems like novelty-pour-la-naivete, which I guess in a way it is since it's primarily a collectible.

I just don't know about a guitar with NO tone controls whatsoever. Didn't flip my skirt. But I put it up since we all got a kick out of that pink Guild. Hey, what happened with that? I didn't save it in myEbay and forgot to check how it turned out. Why do I have the feeling it did not fetch 20 grand?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
On reflection, I think that aesthetically, it's those bloody ugly headstocks ....
+1 Even default's dream X-79 has an interesting headstock; this looks like a pointed foot ...

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I thought it was grey matter ??

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Where have I been; I though canopies were something they served at cocktail parties ... :shock:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
capnjuan said:
JerryR said:
capnjuan said:
I thought it was grey matter ??
Isn't it US Gray, UK Grey :?:
Hi Jerry; you're right but as a practical matter here, the two have lost their distinction. Google Search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gray+goose+vodka .... Returns Grey Goose ... Good thing we don't have to take HS english over again! CJ

We'll get you yanks talking proper yet :mrgreen: say after me - the colour is grey :wink: