NAMM stuff - new Taylor T3

guitarslinger

Reaction score
New Taylor T3. Interesting that they should use a Bigsby. Of that at least I approve. Also coming out with a plug and play pick-up sustem. One pocket with plug type connectors that accommodates many different pickup types.
10780_160109122327.jpg

caveman

Reaction score
It's a complete mystery to me what public they are aiming at with these. I really don't think these will be around for long. PRS made something along the same lines, combination of gaudy tops and hardware with a bigsby and filtertrons. Guitar brands really puzzle me most of the time, or maybe it's just me :roll:

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not my kind of guitar either - but I think Taylor probably has such an army of devoted fans, they don't have to worry about "finding a market".

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yep, recd my WInter issue "Wood & Steel" from Taylor yesterday, within; a write up on the 'T3.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/news/commu ... steel.html

woodandsteel_cover35.jpg

Walter Broes said:
Not my kind of guitar either - but I think Taylor probably has such an army of devoted fans, they don't have to worry about "finding a market".

Smitty shared some interesting happenings with me last week. Smitty sells guitars for a darn busy shop here in town, one of the top Taylor acoustic dealers in the nation. Seems the PRS rep stopped in during the holidays, Season's Greetings included informing the new owners they would need to place an additional $85,000 order by year end to meet the new dealer requirements. Net result; PRS guitars will no longer be available in Olympia, Wa.

Interesting Taylor is poised to fill the space.