Music Man RD 112 65

thumbpicker

Reaction score
Anyone played through one of these amps. Just wondering if you get a clean tone. Also is there a replacement 12" speaker that you would reccomend if you didn't like the stock one.
Thanks, Thumbpicker

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi TP: from the GearPage ... need to be registered to see it MM 112 65 If you don't get in: "... Love the sparkely clean tones on these bad boys and they also sound purty cool with a nice overdrive in front of um. Here is a clip with mine using my USA Washburn MG 100 and a TS-7 from Church a week or so ago." This is the link http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=7158863

Aren't these hybrids; transistors in the front end and 6CA7s/EL34s out?

CJ

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Before I started to get more savvy about gear, I gigged with a 210 65, same amp with (2) 10" speakers. Quite honestly, I never really warmed warmed up to it. Compared to other amps, the tone always seemed kind of dull and lifeless even, after fresh tubes and servicing. Worked okay for clean tones, but with the solid state preamp section, it never had a decent touch feel or a good overdriven sound. It couldn't quite get that sparkly Fender spank either. Although I feel there are much better alternatives out there, I got compliments on its tone, so perhaps it's just my taste. :?

strings

Reaction score
jp said:
it never had a decent touch feel or a good overdriven sound. It couldn't quite get that sparkly Fender spank either. Although I feel there are much better alternatives out there, I got compliments on its tone, so perhaps it's just my taste. :?
I played a Music Man 112 for years with an ES-335 and made the same experiences. I had baught it second hand and it had a celestion sidewinder 12'' inside. It may be a problem, that you always compare these amps with Fender amps. They look like Fenders but the sound is not the same. On the other hand it was good working gear and people used to find my tone okay.
Once I saw Chuck Prophet playing a Music Man 410 with his Telecaster and got less unsure about my RD 112 for a while ...