Pinetop Perkins

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
No Guild content, but this caught my eyes and ears today. This guy is 95 and still touring. In fact he's playing Luckenback Texas on January 31. That would be way kewl. 8)

I'm planning our Texas 2009 trip and I'm thinking of taking in a few states down and back, there is the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale Mississippi that I'm considering.

Anyone been there?

CurtO

Reaction score
Hey Graham, I've never been to the museum, but it gives me idea's for a motorcycle trip with my buds this summer! I love watching and listening to those legends of blues. Very encouraging... Another inspiration for me is Hubert Sumlin. Still pickin after all these years. That means there's still hope that I learn to play these things... :wink:

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
I bought a recent Pinetop CD last year. It took several years to finish and had an amazing cast of players... Clapton... IT is a a perfect blues recording... almost too perfect.

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
HardcoreCountry025Large.jpg

Posted this once before during a talk with Coastie. Heres a pic of Pinetop a couple of years ago with my friend Neil Flanz. Neil played with Graham Parsons And The Fallen Angels during there famous tour in 73" back when Emmy Lou Harris was just the "chick singer" in the band! What a guy Ol pinetop is!...One of THE best!! :D Neil still plays a bit in the Austin area and Pinetop comes out once in a while to see him. :D