Dr. Z Carmen Ghia

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Previously, I posted about my next purchase (a Winfield Cyclone... an AC15 clone). Well, I've changed my mind! Not to something completely different (nor do I have any less interest in Winfields now), but different enough......:

http://www.drzamps.com/ghia.html

I don't know what it is, but these Carmen Ghia's rock. Test drove a couple combos recently, and have a head en route to me now. I'm also going to pick up a 112 cab with a Celestion Blue. I'm in the process of forging ahead with a recording project so this should be an awesome addition to the arsenal. And, I suspect I'll be able to use it live as well... the lightweight head & portable Avatar cab would be much easier to drag around than my 30 watt Orange Rocker combo when we get out & play a handful of shows hopefully sometime next year after recording.

Anyways, this amp is special. The tones were so unique that I can't wait to dial it in even more & experiment. After you turn the amp up about 3/4's of the way, it doesn't get much louder... just more break up. Sounds killer.

Review coming soon.....

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's another "Karmann Ghia" that ROCKS!

8253-1965-Volkswagen-Karmann-Ghia.jpg