Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
:mrgreen:
KirchentoomuchfunWB.jpg

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow, Hideglue, you must have played or been there, good eye!

That's in the Continental Club in Austin, TX, indeed, when my band was on the same bill with Bill Kirchen - he sat in with us for a bit, and I sat in with him too. Him and his wife were extremely nice to us, great people, and an incredible guitar player of course!!

hideglue

Reaction score
Hi Walter,

Well, I consider Austin my Mecca, if you will. And across the street from the Continental is the Austin Motel --my home away from home when visiting. Anyway, I love that club ( where else can you just pop in off the street to hear the likes of Kirchen, Redd, Dale Watson, James Hand, and Walter Broes!!)

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The Guilds of Grot said:
Name dropper! :mrgreen:
Oh, absolutely! :lol: That was a fair bit of shameless namedropping! :lol: :lol:

Hideglue - we must share at least a little bit of our tastes in music and guitars!! I see the Continental club as a very special place in a very special city too, and yes, I've slept at the Austin Motel too, on my last holiday in Austin in March. I've seen some amazing music and musicians in Austin, and it's wonderful having some friends there, and having been able to play there more than once. Surreal and humbling at the same time!

RussD

Reaction score
Guild Total
You guys need to promise to let us know if you're ever in the area again... We'd love to come hear you. I live here and my wife and I still stay at the AM once in a while. Redd V and dinner at Guero's is part of the best of Austin.