Fender Acoustasonic Junior - line out?

bedell

Reaction score
Guys, I have read on the Internet that several owners used the "send" output on the back of this amp to the PA system.
It doesnt have a "lin out" jack. I have a gig and will be using the amp for the first time. My first prefernce will be to
Mik the amp. In the event that I cannot mike the amp, I want to be prepared to run it to the PA system. However, I looked at the "Send Output" jack and I am not sure what type of chord to use. Can use a standard 20 ft guitar cable and run it
to the mising board? Please help!

Mark

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
bedell said:
I looked at the "Send Output" jack and I am not sure what type of chord to use. Can use a standard 20 ft guitar cable and run it to the mising board?

Mark
If yours is like the one Larry linked to on the Fender site, it would be the XLR Line Out and you would use a microphone cord from there to the mixer.

Give us a report after your gig. I'd like to know how that works for you. Been looking at acoustic amps for a while. I've been running straight to the PA up 'til now.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Mark; if you amp has a line out; it will either have an XLR jack (funny looking thing) or a more typical 1/4" 'phone' jack. If a conventional 1/4", yes, you can use an instrument cable. If it's XLR, you're going to need a cable with an XLR termination/plug (microphone-style) on one end and, depending on what you're going to plug into, either another XLR or 1/4" plug on the other end. J

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Mark,
If yours does not have the xlr line out then you could probably send a signal out through the effects loop but, it would not have any of the amps effects going out with it, if I understand it correctly. These amps are pretty loud. I would go with your first choice if possible and mic the amp if nessicerry if you can.

bedell

Reaction score
Guys,

I have looked several times, there is absolutely NO XLR line out. If it helps, this is the older "non-DSP" version of the amp. I was told these have better sounding effects which is why I bought it. It was built in 2002. So if I cant mike it then can I use the "send" out?? Also, if I mike it, what is the name of the small mic stand I will need to get so I can place it fron of the amp? I will be playing on a stage in the middle of town. Could I get away with just using the amp speakers? Its a total of 80 watts. I will be playing ragtime and blues. Thanks-

Mark

bedell

Reaction score
Thanks dude. So can you also confirm - should I be able to use the "SEND" out to the PA system as a backup?

Mark

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Mark,
I am not 100% sure if the" send " from the effects loop will work or not. I have heard some say it will and some say it wont.Never tried it myself. Either way I would not use it execpt for a last resort. Those amps are quite loud. Are you playing with a very loud band? I have seen many play in loud setting with those amps and have not had any problem being heard.If need be I think that micing would be the best option if you need to at all.. :)

bedell

Reaction score
No, I will be playing alobne in the middle of the street on a stage. I play mostly ragtime, blues, etc.