Silvertone Amp. Info. Please.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Can somebody point me to a source for Silvertone Amp. information please. All my Google searching has returned only guitar information.

Specifically, I want to know the year of manufacture of my Silvertone 1482. S/N 18511020.

Dreamlander

Reaction score
I think that the 18511020 number is just the specific number given to the chassis they used beings as my 1482 has the exact same number. I think it might be pretty hard to come up with an exact year of manufacture, but if you figure out a way let me know.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Coastie; These amps were made by several firms for Sears & Roebuck and it would be the manufacturer who'd know when and where. Here's a link to Silvertone stuff although you've probably already found it:

http://www.silvertoneworld.net/amps.html

cj

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Hi Coastie; These amps were made by several firms for Sears & Roebuck and it would be the manufacturer who'd know when and where. Here's a link to Silvertone stuff although you've probably already found it:

http://www.silvertoneworld.net/amps.html

cj

Thanks Cap'n.

No, I hadn't seen that website, but I'm pleased that I have now.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dreamlander said:
I think that the 18511020 number is just the specific number given to the chassis they used beings as my 1482 has the exact same number. I think it might be pretty hard to come up with an exact year of manufacture, but if you figure out a way let me know.

I can feel a mission coming on !