Dumble 150W Amp Sighting ... $75,300.00 on deBay

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Dumble 150W Amp $75,300 Closed eBay Auction Link Legendary? There are so few that their existence is closer to a rumor.... :wink: This is what one looks like; they show up on eBay once or twice a year. Think you are obsessive? ... maybe not that obsessive after all. Despite the money, you have to supply the speakers ........

dumble01.jpg

The FS, though, is in the deal:
dumble02.jpg

cj

hideglue

Reaction score
There's gotta be something to these things.
Professional Tone Monsters like Carlton, Johnson, Ford and SRV can't be wrong.....can they?

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
mmmmmh.....

....it is just a matter of taste.......and money :shock: ....If I had this amount to spend, I would probably buy a complete high-end-studio for this much.
maybe the dumbles are great, but I am sure an adequate tone is possible for at least a 20th of this amount, and even then an amp can only amplify what you put into it....

.....and how many guilds would then be affordable fot the rest :mrgreen:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
hideglue said:
There's gotta be something to these things.
Professional Tone Monsters like Carlton, Johnson, Ford and SRV can't be wrong.....can they?
Dunno 'Glue. I guess I'd like to think it was possible that an amp could generate a tone that, for all practical puposes, was so astonishingly .... desirable. cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bump: Okay, ya didn't want the 150watt, how about the 100watt? Auction Link Sez 'Overdrive Special' without the overdrive ... $3,000 min bid.

dumble03.jpg

matsickma

Reaction score
Hey Hideglue,

I often see references to SRV and Dumble amps. I thought SRV used a Fender Vibroverb with a 15 inch JBL D or K130.
The info I got on SRV and Dumble amps come out of SRV and Double Troubles offer by Jackson Brown to lay down some tracks at Jackson Browns home studio. SRV used Jackson Brown's Dumble for the cuts. It turned out the tracks were very good and were released as one of or the first SRV DT albums. I don't remember where I picked up that info but my memory thinks it was a reliable source.

Any one else have info on SRV and Dumble?

M

matsickma

Reaction score
Well I guess I should have googled SRV and Dumble before making the previous post. Looks like SRV use Dumbles.

M

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
krysh said:
mmmmmh..... ....it is just a matter of taste.......and money :shock: ....If I had this amount to spend, I would probably buy a complete high-end-studio for this much. maybe the dumbles are great, but I am sure an adequate tone is possible for at least a 20th of this amount, and even then an amp can only amplify what you put into it.... and how many guilds would then be affordable fot the rest :mrgreen:
Hi Michael; you're right - can get lots of good tone for less. This and the other Dumbles are for those who can afford them ..... I don't know whether it's possible to have something that could possibly be so much better as to justify the price difference. cj

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
..... I don't know whether it's possible to have something that could possibly be so much better as to justify the price difference. cj

true, this is why some people drive a new bentley and some an old beetle... :wink:
well, I'll probably rarely be able to play one myself to check what the myth is. :(