Snazzy Silvertone 1482

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've had this a little while now, been waiting for grillecloth (Fender Blackface) and chickenheads to arrive from U.S.

Very kindly bought off Ebay for me by Cap'n Juan, thoroughly checked-out, and shipped to Newsyland.
Cap'n cut a new speaker baffle, and bought / fitted a Celestion Blue. As you can see, fitment of the blue entailed fabricating a new rear panel. Dunno if the Blue is the right speaker; may well end up with a Greenback fitted. We'll see.

Attached the grillcloth yesterday and re-assembled. I used 3M Super 77 to attach the grillcloth; swore I'd never use that stuff again after tolexing a speaker cabinet a while back.
Secret is to be patient, and let the glue "tack" properly. Use greasy baking paper wadded up, to press on glued cloth if necessary.

Amp. came with original knobs and full complement of Silvertone-branded valves, all of which tested 100% for performance.
I've re-tubed, and stashed the Silvertones.

Today's the big day for the test fire-up. If something goes bang, or she fails to fire-up, you'll hear me screaming clear across the Pacific !

IMG_0950.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Let 'er Rip Coastie...............!!!!!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Keep it up; just keep it up bustin' Gary's calf fries and I'll send my man up there again .... :

Graham.jpg