Vintage Supro / Valco tweed amp. all original . tube amp - $

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Would someone please explain to me why this stuff never comes up less than 50 miles away, never has a phone number & they never respond to my e mails till 3 days after they sell the darn thing.

010104010304010406200710070d8e95a6c6d329dc8200aed9.jpg
0102070104080103052007100783451170a05403b74f005aa8.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/442507348.html

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Would someone please explain to me why this stuff never comes up less than 50 miles away, never has a phone number & they never respond to my e mails till 3 days after they sell the darn thing.
Global warming.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
Jeff said:
Global warming.
Fluctuations in the international monetary markets...maybe too many cool-amp sellers in the PacNW are 'un-reconstructed hippies' who eschew the telephone? Living in the outback in yurts, geodesic domes, or Airstream trailers...

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Guildmark said:
Fluctuations in the international monetary markets...maybe too many cool-amp sellers in the PacNW are 'un-reconstructed hippies' who eschew the telephone? Living in the outback in yurts, geodesic domes, or Airstream trailers...
We've progressed a bit capnjuan. We actually prefer the newfangled Geodesic Yurt Dome.

Jeff,
Check out this sexy little number.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
S'what I get for allowing my WEC subscription to lapse ... dang ... What'll they think of next; small hand-held phones? Worked on a geo dome in Charlottesville VA in the early 70s; proprietary set of connectors and the rest plywood and whatever ... that Sano could be fun ...

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Finally heard from the seller, he tells me he has been out of town. Seems to be a curious trend with CL sellers, list an item & then disappear for several days.

Response tells me he has identified this little gem as a "Supro Supreme". Also tells me he has received several inquiries, mine was the 1st.

Single review at Harmony leads me to believe this is about as simple an amp as was ever made.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yes; pretty simple - Schematic Heaven unavailable, they have one listed. Note the wiring to the speaker; the output transformer is mounted on the back of the speaker 'dating' the amp to the early/mid-50s at the latest; guy on Ampage has a 'Supreme' that he says is a 1947.

dklsplace

Reaction score
There's some cool old amps to be had & you'll find them in the weirdest places.

BellHowel.jpg

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Seller here emailed me his phone # but hasn't responed to my call

Some of my Tube Amp GAS pressure has been relieved,

Time to confess, I bought the $300 Reissue Ampeg R12R Reverb Rocket I posted up on ebay/cl a few days ago.

R-12R_LG.jpg

Turns out the seller was 1.3 miles from Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. I caught the 8:00 flight to Burbank & was back in Seattle by 5:30.

Young fella selling the amp built this solid Maple Crate for the amp shortly after he bought it & the Amp was absolutely mint, not a scratch, plastic film still on the control panel. Unfortunately the reverb tank imploded somewhere between the baggage check in Burbank & baggage claim in Seattle.

Local shop didn't have the reverb tank in stock so it's on order, Looks like about $79 to replace it. 5 or 6 days to get the part in.

e79ebb4a.jpg
e79ebb4c.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Congratulations! Heck of an amp ... the reverb can must have gotten jolted damaging the transducer/spring connections, there's just not that much to them ....but if that's the extent of the shipping hit .... Turn it Up!!!

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
the reverb can must have gotten jolted damaging the transducer/spring connections, there's just not that much to them

Yep, your comments coincide with what the tech here told me, virtually all the springs & whatever other mechanical parts in the reverb unit broke loose. I got a look at the unit, it's a good sized component.

The amp rocks but the reverb is the primary reason I was drawn to RR's. Gotta have reverb :roll:

On the plus side, a new set of tubes, sealed in the original boxes came with the amp.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Great snag, Jeff! The Reverbrocket is legendary and a gutsy 50 watts. Ampeg guitar amps are a great buy, pre-2005, that is. St. Louis Music sold Ampeg and Crate, and the American design and manufacturing plants were closed. Everything comes from Asia now. Those reissues are nice. Some have a little newer technology, like effects loops and multiple channels. I think they have solid state rectifiers, though. I'm pretty sure you can download the owners manual on the Ampeg site, but no schematics.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
The amp rocks but the reverb is the primary reason I was drawn to RR's. Gotta have reverb
Now that you mention it, a Reverberocket may not be a Reverberocket without reverb; annoyance, easy fix, great amp!