Roger Hodgson, Take the Long Way Home

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I just watched this DVD recorded live in Montreal last June.

I have been a Supertramp fan for many years, I saw them in Toronto in '79 on the Breakfast in America Tour, not one of their best albums musically, commercially it was huge.

The concert was just Roger on keyboard, or piano or his big Guild 12 string. I don't know if it's a 412 or a 512, but it's gorgeous, and a sax player.

The show was many Supertramp songs and a few new things that he has recorded.

Give a Little Bit is probably one of the most recognizeable tunes and he actually does that twice, once as an encore. But there are a few others that just blew me away watching this guy play and sing. He still has much of his high singing voice, although my wife doesn't care for high singers too much, and at his age, she thinks he should drop it down. I think she's just being a b*tch, but I could be wrong. :D

Two of US in the encore was, to me, spectacular, as was School, Even in the Quietest Moments and Sister Moonshine

And that big beautiful Guild front and centre. Fender should be pushing this guy, for sure.

If I figure out how to capture and convert some of the files on the DVD I will do so, if you can borrow a copy from someone, do it.

Here's a link to Two of US from the DVD.
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r126 ... _of_Us.flv

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham,
Just played thevideo three times. Awesome. Makes me wanna pick up the 12 and play a spell. Think I will... :D