FAITH HILL Loses Country Music award

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Gotta say Faith Hill has to be just about the most georgeous female country singer now or ever. I was gonna post up a few pics just as a community service when this pops up on YouTube this morning.

Looks like she may be just a bit of a high maintenance lass.

Sorry but this kind of stuff appeals to my twisted sense of humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYaD7pCXFog

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
First time I've seen that Jeff. I've certainly heard quite a bit about it. Wow, I am really let down. I've always been a Faith Hill fan. I think she's lost me with that performance though. Somehow I don't think she'll lose a lot of sleep over that fact. She's always been my Cher, doesn't look so good now with mud in her face.

West

The General

Reaction score
Faith Hill still rocks. I wouldn't trade Faith for Carrie Underwood any day of the week. My personal feeling is that Carrie underwood will never have the voice or talent that Faith has. She just happens to be more popular at the moment because of American Idol and all that clan. There has been an undermining of great music versus popularity for some time now. I think it all started with MTV.

Music as a whole has suffered because it becomes more about how cool you are and look versus how good you really are. When they put video into music they took the life out of music. Society in general has focused more on being cool than what's acually good because cool sales better than being good. It's an outright crime. But that just my own opinion! Carrie Underwood will never reach the level that Faith Hill has already accomplished. Just another opinion.
Time will tell that story.

The General

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Faith's camp spun that as a misinterpreted joke. I'm not buying it.

I thought it was interesting that, when Oklahoma was hit during this recent snowstorm, conditions in Chakota were reported as often as any other - Carrie's hometown. I like Carrie, myself. Always liked Faith, too.

I heard a commentator recently tell about his son who was listening to a new CD, and when he asked him what the song was about, the kid said, "I don't know. I haven't seen the video yet." How sad is that? :cry:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I think that all of these award shows are nonsence anyway. Who are they for? The people? What do you get out of it?

Artists are the most insecure, catty bunch out there, no offense to anyone here, but what artist hasn't said or thought, at least to themselves, "I could have done a better job of Hey Jude?"

To validate them beyong their wealth with awards, trophies, concrete stars, loot bags, etc, etc, is assinine.

How does one compare an artist to another anyway. Looks, album sales, gate reciepts?

Is Eric Clapton considered the best guitarist in the world because he can play with fewer mistakes, faster, longer than Eddie VH or Dave Evans or .........

There. I feel slightly better :D

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Gotta say Faith Hill has to be just about the most gorgeous female country singer now or ever. . .

I have to put my vote in for the stunning Shania Twain, although she's not really so country anymore after hooking up with Robert "Mutt" "AC/DC" Lange. I recall hearing her first on the radio singing these beautiful old-style country tunes.

Now she's gone the way of the flashy pop star idol--too bad--and she lives part-time in Switzerland and New Zealand. I'm gonna have to ask coastie to go on a covert papparazzi mission. :wink:

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Somebody called Shania "Nashville's most talented lap dancer."

But I don't care. She and Faith can pluck my magic twanger anytime. I even like Faith's version of "Take a little Piece of My Heart."

Jahn

Reaction score
Carrie Underwood just cleaned up at the Grammys. And her boyfriend didn't do so shabby at the Pro Bowl. Ok, so she's from American Idol. But still, it's pretty Country to be dating the Quarterback, right? 8)