My new starfire III

JB

Reaction score
What do you think about my new baby??? :D

number 330039584143 on ebay
i'm so happy ! :D
it will look awesome next my bluesbird !!!
850 dollars my god !
I don't understand why anybody bit on it really cause everything looks ok....

guildzilla

Reaction score
Hi, JB. Congrats on your purchase. I think the Starfire deals have been awful good lately and I was watching the one you got.

I bought this one a few weeks ago before anyone else got much chance to look at it. I put the Bigsby tailpiece and bridge back on, and I'm loving it. I hope you're getting the same kind of buzz from playing your guitar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

guildzilla

Reaction score
BTW, JB, did you like your Starfire with the 10's provided (I just re-read the listing)?

On mine, the strings it came with were way too heavy, so along with changing back to the original bridge and tailpiece provided, I put 10's on it.

Mainly I used 10's because I had no heavier sets sitting around. The action set up unbelievably low and with light strings almost effortless to play, so I'm really digging it this way.

But I'm wondering if the acoustic sound of the Starfire is compromised a bit by using 10's.

Anyone have a comment on best strings for a Starfire with Bigsby?

hideglue

Reaction score
Can you find a .010 set w/ a wound G? Or are your saddles individualy adjustable?

dklsplace

Reaction score
Don't think I've ever found them stocked on a store shelf. I've always had to order them.

JB

Reaction score
Hey everybody:

i haven't received my starfire yet...It has to arrive in France so it's a little bit long....i hope all will be ok with the shipping ;)

I'll tell you my feelings when i'll receive it and Guildzilla red is gorgeous too ;)

fretplay

Reaction score
Hi JB, I would be interested to hear what the guitar is like when you get it.
Do you have to pay duty into France? We do in UK. Is this guitar a fully hollow body or has it a sustain block.

Regards,

Fretplay.