High stringing F20

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to swapping the strings on theF 20 for the high 12 string set.

Holy moly Batman !!!!!!!! I don't recall ever hearing a guitar sound like this. It's like I learned to play a new instrument instantly. Doesn't really sound like a mandolin or anything else for that matter but it's distinctive, & darn pretty. The little Guild likes it, georgeous, resonant sustain on the wound strings.

Sure enough was handy to have a chromatic tuner for the 1st go round. Color coding & guide on the D'Addario strings was nice too.

Having a little trouble modifying the patterns coming down the scale from the B string to the new G, or up. Seems like playing above or below is better.

Must be some kind of musical principle octave violation. Likely a good lesson.

Anyway, thanks to at least two of you for turning me on to "High Stringing". It's like a card trick, I'll be fooling more people into thinking I can actually play guitar. What a gas.

Red likes it a lot so maybe It'll turn into an excuse for another small body in the house, There's no 12 string here either.

Blasted dishwasher, I'm on my way to the dishwasher store as soon as I finish fooling around here. It's gonna tap in to my fun money stash.