GAD JF-30 Question

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
HI,
I am new to this forum. I just purchased used GAD JF-30. It is on the way and wanted to join the forum.
Any owners of this particular guitar out there??? Please share your thoughs and review.
THanks-

bohemian

Reaction score
GAD jf-30

Songman

I have long been intrested in that model but no dealer within 200 miles has ever had one

What is your opinion now that you have it

B

Janpeter

Reaction score
Dear friends of Guild,

at this moment I am sitting in a library near Frankfurt/Main - Germany from my holidays; usually I am living at Lake Constance -South Germany. - Now back to my experiences of the Guild GAD JF 30. - Before I had the possibility with the wonderful GF 50, I had two opportunities to play two different GAD JF 30 in two different places.

Once in Bregenz, a town at the Austrian border, they had this GAD just new. The guitar looked like rough crafted and the gloss as being watered or plunged in a bath of gloss as like parts of cars are done. - Apart from that, the sound was strong - however not really well balanced between bass and heights; middles was missing. So I decided against it.

Now here in Frankfurt I had the secon opportunity to play a GAD JF 30. This was a lot more neatly crafted and a lot better finish, also with the gloss. Also tonality was sounded more balanced.

Here in Germany I read in a Guitar Forum that there was two series of the GAD JF 30; an early beta-series, which was warned of; and the later series. Here the first ones was sold between 1.000 and 1.200 Euros; the last series are between 1.200 and 1.400 Euros.

However, they had a J50R here, too. This of course is no match; though it cost a fortune here (2.800 Euros).

With all the kindest greeting across the Big Water-
Jan-Peter, Lake of Constance

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great to see new faces coming along, and especially to see more "Euro's" joining up. Welcome to you all.

Janpeter.

I have a recollection of Lake Constance, for some reason.
Do they hold water-sports there ?
I think perhaps N.Z. rowing teams may have competed there.

Best regards from Kiwiland, Coastie.