President"s coming to my town.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Local news hyping up the Pres's visit to my fair town. He's going to spend some family time in the homes of our "Medina" neighbors.

Medina being a community on the Eastern Shore of Lake Washington. Estates left over from timber, shipping & banking Captains of Industry.

Be assured, entertaining the President will be no financial burden on the local poor and homeless. Many of these folks prefer to moor their yachts in the backyard, consequently the taxpayers have paid to build them canals & waterways. Public waterways, my boys & I have cruised past the backyards here at the legal speed limit of 4 knots several times. My 14 ft duckboat seemed a little out of place.

Clinton was there several times, usually stays with Gates. Bill has plenty of space.

I always wondered how the Politico's transfer the money they collect there. Cash in aluminum attache cases on Air Force 1 or electronic wire transfers, personal checks ?

Gates is spreading around some wealth quite nobly, Paul Allen on the other hand may have way too much money. The architure of his Experience Music project in downtown Seattle resembles picnic trash. I'm told the exhibits inside are more worthwhile.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey Jeff,

I've got a sharp flat bottom too! :lol: What kind of ducks ya'll shoot up there? Bunch of woodies, teal, gadwalls and a few mallards here. Happen to have a president from here too.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West, we got two kind a ducks here. Coastal ducks & East of the Mountains ducks.

Ducks on the coast, whether they be mallards, pintails, teal, gadwals, or the occasional redhead all pretty much taste the same. They eat at best seaweed, & they taste like it. There are several species of inedible "fish ducks" some of them unbelievably beautiful, Harlequin ducks for example.

East of the mountains ducks are the game. We watch the weather reports in the Fall, looking for the 1st real hard freeze up in Northern British Columbia & Alberta. A winter ice freeze. They need a week or ten days, maybe two weeks to make their way down in to the croplands of the Columbia River basin. Our Canadian neighbors get some shootin in as they pass, but by and large when they get here they are pretty easy to fool. For a couple weeks anyway. Decoys & calls put on shows like you see in the movies.

I've heard ya'll have some fun peanut fields down there or was that Mexico?

I can talk to you about boys, ducks, dogs, & boats for weeks. Other similar activities as well. Watch out or I'll jam your email with pictures. It's slowed down now since the boys have families of their own. My oldest boy has been in Alaska for 14 years & we've had a few good days there.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeffrey,

Guild guitars and duck hunting....man, it doesn't get any better. Peanut fields are West of Dallas/Ft Worth. We hunt area lakes and river bottoms. Fun trips each year to the coastal rice fields west of Houston for geese. Millions upon millions of geese. A rising roost in the morning looks like a huge cloud and sounds like a deafening hoard of Indians.

West