Does the guitar player really get all the girls?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Recently a friend of mine asked me to give his thirteen year old son, aspiring to play guitar, some help, advice and words of encouragement.

I picked up a fresh set of strings & stopped by to see what I could do to help.

By way of encouragement I told the lad it was common knowledge that guitar players do pretty well with the girls. The father, quite the ladies man himself, thought this to be first rate advice. The father passed me the bottle, and the three of us entered into a lively conversation, rating the sex appeal of Guitars, Convertibles & Motorcycles. The kid already has a motorcycle, & he's too young to drive a car, the guitar would give him 2 out of 3 & he should expect to do pretty well. Male bonding of the first order so heavy you could feel it in the air, or maybe was the smell.

Unfortunately all this took place within earshot of the Redhead & I was pretty busy at home for a while.

Any of you more experienced guitarist have advice along these lines?

Reaction score
Never kiss & tell

Next time - Put it in a 16-bar blues pattern, play it in E with a little slide and wink when you get to the tag line. The kid'll get the message and the redhead will be smitten with your guitar swagger. The rest will be history - motorcyle or no motorcycle. dbs

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

I have a good deal of experience with redheads myself. Unfortunately that doesn't necessarily equate to much useful knowldege.

Just yesterday I got in a pretty tight spot with the little lady. Whatever help you can offer surely shouldn't do much harm.

Be discreet, I have almost convinced her you guys are harmless.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

I knew it. suspected it from the beginning. I meant no offense & apologize.

Jeff

Bing k

Reaction score
Does the guitar player really get all the girls?

Yes, he "gets" them all hett up so they can fall all over the lead singer.