Guild Sighting and Question

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the current Springsteen video "Pay My Money Down" from the new 'Seeger' sessions CD, the backup guitarist is playing a Guild.

The question: Given - a true bluegrass player will use a capo to be able play G C D chording regardless of key.

The song is played in G, but the Boss puts his capo on the third fret and plays E and B7 chords...does this make it a rock song? :shock:

CK

Squawk

Reaction score
I don't know what to call it.

I am disappointed with this album. Generally, I like Seeger (and covers of his stuff, like the Byrds versions of "Turn, Turn" and "Bells of Rhymney") and otherwise could take or leave Springsteen (like some of his early stuff - and after all, I live in NJ). I really expected something more like the sound of the Weavers. I think most of this album is over-orchestrated. Is it just me?

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
I really haven't listened to the album though I have heard and seen the video of Pay My Money Down. When I first heard of this albums inception I had to laugh. What's next I said, Springsteen Does Disney !!
Really I think this was/is a blatant money grab and ya I guess that's what its all about. It's really too hokey for me and damit all a rocker from the Jersey shore claiming his roots come from Puff the Magic Dragonville makes me want to gag.
The only good news I got from the Springsteen camp was that he's already got the songs written for the next E Street Album. From that we'll know if he really has lost his mind .
Benee Wafers