Guild Custom Shop

HoboKen

Reaction score
Sorry I'm so late in seeing this one......

Yes.....there is a Guild Custom Shop. They did some really great work on my Guild DV-72 this past year......Really great work!!

HoboKen

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
HoboKen said:
Sorry I'm so late in seeing this one......

Yes.....there is a Guild Custom Shop. They did some really great work on my Guild DV-72 this past year......Really great work!!

HoboKen

Hello Ken,

What you're referring to is what used to be the Custom Shop in Nashville. That's the 'national' repair center now. They are no longer the Custom Shop.

Graham said:
What kind of work Ken, and how did you get in contact with them about it?

Graham,

They only do repairs now and you cannot get in contact with them yourself. It will need to go through an official Guild/Fender dealer.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

J45dale

Reaction score
Hopefully, this will change. Theres big bucks to be made in custom guitars, just look at Martin.
Dale.

HoboKen

Reaction score
Hans is right.......sorry about that.....many folks still refer to it as the custom shop I guess.

I can only add that you can only go through a Guild/Fender Dealer or an authorized repair person who may or may not be a dealer. The repair shop in Nashville makes the call as to having an authorized repair person do what is needed in the field or having the repair person send the guitar to them and they do the work.

In my case they wanted to see the guitar first-hand and as I said, they did a great job on the repair. They honored my Westerly original purchaser warantee.

HoboKen

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Hans,

Do you know if the emerald finish is available for other luthiers?

dh

Hello Darryl,

Not sure if I understand your question. Do you mean if Guild will sell it to other luthiers or do you want to know if that color is available from other suppliers?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Whoops. Apologies for being vague.

If I get a project guitar and refinish it, I'd like to refinish it in that Guild emerald green they used in the 1990's (not that old 1960's olive green that often faded). So I'm wondering if the emerald green that Guild used is available for sale at the former custom shop or authorized service centers. If it isn't, then an emerald green is probably available somewhere, but it would probably be different from whatever Guild used.